AirPlay is Apple's proprietary wireless streaming protocol that lets you instantly share audio or video between your iPhone, iPad, or Mac and an Apple TV or another AirPlay-enabled device. Apple's new HomePod also relies heavily on AirPlay, and with AirPlay 2 out now on iOS 11.4 and HomePod OS 11.4, a new world of multiroom audio is at your disposal.
Here's your ultimate guide to using AirPlay!
How to AirPlay to Apple TV on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
Your iPhone, iPad, and Mac are the heart of AirPlay. Without them to actually send the audio and video, AirPlay wouldn't be a thing.
- AirPlay 2 FAQ: Everything you need to know
- How to AirPlay video from your iPhone or iPad
- How to stop AirPlay video from your iPhone or iPad
- How to AirPlay audio from your iPhone or iPad
- How to stop AirPlay audio from your iPhone or iPad
- How to AirPlay Mirror from your Mac
- How to switch AirPlay Mirroring modes on your Mac
- How to stop AirPlay Mirroring from your Mac
How to use AirPlay with HomePod
AirPlay is what the HomePod experience is all about if you want your friends to be able to play music from the iPhone on your speaker.
- How HomePod works with Apple Music, iTunes Match, iCloud Music Library, AirPlay, and FLAC files
- How to secure AirPlay on HomePod
- How to add multi-room audio to your HomePod speakers with AirPlay 2
- How to create a stereo pair with your HomePods and AirPlay 2
- How to AirPlay to HomePod and other Bluetooth speakers at the same time using Airfoil for Mac
Let us know in the comments below!
Updated June 2018: Updated for AirPlay 2.
Apple Card users can see their annual spending with iOS 14.2 beta 2
Apple Card users with iOS 14.2 beta 2 installed have noticed that they can now see their annual spending for the first time.
You can use a Wii Nunchuck to play iPhone games. But you shouldn't.
The sheer number of things that you can plug into an iPhone will never cease to amaze. But did you ever expect someone to play iPhone games with a Wii Nunchuck?
Epic 'does not dispute' breaking App Store rules in latest filing
In a response to Apple's counterclaim against Epic Games over breach of contract, Epic Games has admitted its payment solution was prohibited by its contractual agreement with Apple, but denies its refusal to go along with Apple's "anti-competitive scheme" was wrong.
Your Apple TV will love these accessories
Your Apple TV can become even better with any of these accessories presented here. From keyboards to remote covers to gaming controllers, we've got your back!