The App Store was and is a revolution: A single place on every iPhone and iPad where you can find every app and every game for iPhone and iPad. From it, you can browse or search for new apps, download and buy new games, add to your wishlist, share and send to friends and family, redeem gift certificates and promo codes, and get refunds when and if you need them. And here's how to use it!
App Store FAQ: Everything you need to know
Apple has announced a number of changes coming to the App Store later this year with the release of iOS 11. This starts with the all-new design for the store. It now features new, more focused tabs, including the new Today tab, which tells you all about essential apps and games, while also offering app tips, tricks, and more. Here's everything you need to know.
Getting your first iPhone or iPad is just the beginning. Thousands of developers have made over a million apps and games that can totally transform the device your holding in your hands. With each new app it can become your constant Facebook friend, your gateway to Snapchat, a tool to learn new languages, a way to brush up on math or science, your ticket to car services, a personal scanner, a way to edit documents on the go and, of course, an incredible portable gaming console. All you need to do is get started!
- How to search for apps and games in the App Store
- How to download apps and games from the app store
- How to update apps and games from the App Store
- How to automatically download apps and games onto multiple devices
- How to automatically install apps and game updates
- How to clear your App Store cache and make sure you see the latest content
While the App Store makes it super simple to download any app you want to your iPhone or iPad lickety split, you can also add them to your wishlist so you can download them later, and share them with your friends, families, and colleagues so they can download them too. You can even see other apps like the ones you've already downloaded!
- How to find reviews in the App Store for iPhone and iPad
- How to view related content in the iTunes Store for iPhone and iPad
- How to bookmark content to buy later in the App Store on iPhone and iPad
- How to view your Wish List in the App Store on iPhone and iPad
- How to remove an item from your Wish List in the App Store on iPhone and iPad
- How to share content from the App Store on iPhone and iPad
The App Store is built on iTunes, and just like iTunes you can use it to both send and receive gift certificates, and gift and redeem apps and games. And you can do it right from your iPhone and iPad!
- How to redeem iTunes gift cards in the App Store for iPhone and iPad
- How to view your current balance in the iTunes Store on iPhone and iPad
- How to set up payment options in the App Store on iPhone and iPad
- How to gift content from the App Store for iPhone and iPad
- How to send a gift card from the App Store for iPhone and iPad
If you experience a problem with any of the apps or games you've purchased from App Store you can request a refund directly from Apple. You'll need to have a valid reason for the request—it's not meant to be a way to get free trials or short term use— but if you buy something by accident, buy the wrong thing, or get the wrong thing, it's how you get your money back.
If you have any trouble using the App Store, or any questions that haven't already been answered, please let me know in the comments!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
New bug resets the default iOS 14 mail app, but is it iOS or Gmail's fault?
Is there a new bug affecting iOS 14's default app setting, or is this all Google's doing? You decide.
Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit is the best cat toy I've owned in a long time
Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit allows you to race remote control cars and interact with augmented reality on Nintendo Switch, but is it actually worth buying?
Jonathan Morrison and WOLF transform Apple's MagSafe sound into a song
Jonathan Morrison teamed up with WOLF to transform Apple's new MagSafe charging sound into an incredibly catchy song.
The best stands to get the most use out of your iPad mini 5
Your new iPad mini 5 is ready to rock out with the Apple Pencil, but you may need one of these stands available at multiple price points.