What you need to know
- Apple has announced its July schedule of Friday Night Baseball games.
- The games will continue to be free.
- Apple's Eddy Cue said Apple was proud to bring baseball fans a new way to watch.
Apple has released its July 2022 Friday Night Baseball schedule, confirming the games will continue to be free for the next set of announced fixtures.
The company stated:
Eddy Cue said that "the 2022 season is off to a great start, and we're proud to bring all baseball fans a new way to watch their favorite teams each week, all without local blackout dates or the need for a cable subscription."
Apple says that Lauren Gardner will continue to host studio coverage with rotating analysts and that it will announce broadcasters for games on a weekly basis. The games are:
Friday, July 1
- Texas Rangers at New York Mets 7 p.m. ET
- Los Angeles Angels at Houston Astros 8 p.m. ET
Friday, July 8
- Pittsburgh Pirates at Milwaukee Brewers 8 p.m. ET
- Toronto Blue Jays at Seattle Mariners 10 p.m. ET
Friday, July 15
- Pittsburgh Pirates at Colorado Rockies 8:30 p.m. ET
- Arizona Diamondbacks at San Diego Padres 9:30 p.m. ET
Friday, July 22
- Chicago Cubs at Philadelphia Phillies 7 p.m. ET
- Cleveland Guardians at Chicago White Sox 8 p.m. ET
Friday, July 29
- Detroit Tigers at Toronto Blue Jays 7 p.m. ET
- Chicago Cubs at San Francisco Giants 10 p.m. ET
Apple TV+ started broadcasting baseball on Fridays earlier this year, however, the service has been met with strong pushback from some fans irked by the quality of the broadcasts, in particular its inexperienced announcers. While Apple did not explicitly say how long the games would be free, it had previously only announced that the first 12 weeks would come without a cost, possibly indicating Apple was waiting to see how the service went down before choosing to extend it.
100% exclusive content for the price of a cup of coffee.
With TV+, you can watch well-produced, big-budget TV shows from famed directors, and starring award-winning actors and actresses across all your Apple devices and with up to six members of your Family Sharing group.
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Stephen Warwick has written about Apple for five years at iMore and previously elsewhere. He covers all of iMore's latest breaking news regarding all of Apple's products and services, both hardware and software. Stephen has interviewed industry experts in a range of fields including finance, litigation, security, and more. He also specializes in curating and reviewing audio hardware and has experience beyond journalism in sound engineering, production, and design.
Before becoming a writer Stephen studied Ancient History at University and also worked at Apple for more than two years. Stephen is also a host on the iMore show, a weekly podcast recorded live that discusses the latest in breaking Apple news, as well as featuring fun trivia about all things Apple. Follow him on Twitter @stephenwarwick9
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.