Whether you just need directions or are hopelessly lost, Apple's Maps app is right there on your iPhone to help you out. The official Maps app can help you find the exact place you're looking for, such as a restaurant, a friend's house, or an airport. You can get directions to all of these places, including driving, walking, and mass transit directions. With more recent additions, you can even see indoor maps of facilities such as airports.
Here's everything you need to know about Apple Maps
What's new with Apple Maps?
Check back here for the latest updates in Maps news.
August 15, 2018: Apple Maps adds indoor maps for 18 malls across Canada
As first noted by MacRumors, Apple has rolled out its indoor maps for several malls across Canada, making it easier for iPhone owners to find the exact locations of the stores they're looking for. Most of the malls in question are owned by Cadillac Fairview.
Here are the malls that now have new indoor maps from Apple:
- Galeries D'Anjou in Montréal
- Carrefour Laval in Laval
- Promenades St-Bruno in Saint-Bruno
- Fairview Pointe Claire in Pointe-Claire
- Rideau Centre in Ottawa
- Markville in Markham
- Shops at Don Mills in Toronto
- Fairview Mall in Toronto
- Sherway Gardens in Toronto
- Square One in Mississauga
- Lime Ridge in Hamilton
- Fairview Park in Kitchener
- Masonville Place in London
- Polo Park in Winnipeg
- Chinook Centre in Calgary
- Market Mall in Calgary
- Richmond Centre in Richmond
- Champlain Place in Dieppe, New Brunswick
How to use Apple Maps
If you're wondering exactly how to do a particular thing in the Maps app, you'll want to check out our ultimate guide. It covers the gamut of actions you can take with the app, from viewing and sharing your location to filing a troubleshooting report.
Maps offers transit directions to an ever-expanding list of cities across the world. These directions allow you to find trains, buses, ferries, and other means of mass transit near you, and which routes will most efficiently get you to your destination.
Airports can be massive, sprawling messes of different gates, food courts, and baggage claim areas. Apple offers a solution to this navigation nightmare with one of its more recent additions: indoor maps for airports
Problems crop up with every piece of software, but for Maps, that could mean everything from a bad turn-by-turn instruction to being given a completely nonsensical route. With Maps' built-in tools, you can report a variety of problems to Apple directly in the app.
If you have any questions about the Apple Maps app, let us know in the comments.
- What's new in the Maps app
- How to find locations and get directions with Maps
- How to share location and directions with Maps
- How to delete your search history and prior destinations in Maps
- How to use Siri with Maps
- How to enable and use Maps extensions
- Best Maps app extensions
- How to change settings for Maps
- How to report a problem in Maps
- How to use Maps with CarPlay
This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy for more details.