What you need to know
- Apple has launched new Apple Music playlists for Gen Z.
- "Viral Hits" focuses on music that has become popular on social media.
- They've also released playlists to help users find calm.
Reported by TechCrunch, Apple has launched ten new Apple Music playlists that are focused on the musical tastes of Gen Z. One, in particular, called Viral Hits, focuses on music that has become popular across social media apps like TikTok.
TechCrunch has put together the full list of new playlists on Apple Music below:
- Superbloom: Apple describes this playlist as a "new home for young, risk-taking visionaries who think about music differently." The selections will feature artists who often have developed grass-roots followings across social media, where they've experimented and sparked trends.
- Lifted: This cross-genre playlist is a melting pot of music Apple describes as "a little underground, but too dynamic for the mainstream to ignore." Tracks will range from the poppy end of the spectrum to hip-hop, R&B, and indie rock, Apple says.
- Wildflower: This playlist will feature emerging voices across a mix of hip-hop, R&B, dance, indie pop and rock.
- Glow: An upbeat playlist of "feed-good, mood-boosting" tracks.
- The Nerve: This playlist features "downcast hybrids" of hip-hop, pop punk, emo and grunge that are "a little too raw for broader audiences." Apple says the music can be "bleak."
- The Sound: A playlist featuring the best in new rock.
- Verified Hits: Another cross-genre playlist, this one featuring hit songs from genres including pop, indie, arty R&B and electronic.
- Catching Feelings: Music for chilling that's a little slow, moody, mellow and low-key.
- Do Not Disturb: Music on this playlist aims to help listeners not feel alone when dealing with mental health issues, like the ups, downs, crashes and the coping, says Apple.
In addition to the new Gen Z focused playlists, Apple Music has also launched twenty-four other playlists focused on helping users destress and find calm.
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
Joe Wituschek is a Contributor at iMore. With over ten years in the technology industry, one of them being at Apple, Joe now covers the company for the website. In addition to covering breaking news, Joe also writes editorials and reviews for a range of products. He fell in love with Apple products when he got an iPod nano for Christmas almost twenty years ago. Despite being considered a "heavy" user, he has always preferred the consumer-focused products like the MacBook Air, iPad mini, and iPhone 13 mini. He will fight to the death to keep a mini iPhone in the lineup. In his free time, Joe enjoys video games, movies, photography, running, and basically everything outdoors.