Apple Watch is a wrist computer, a health and fitness tracker, a notification system, a remote control, a communicator — all in one. It's also the first major new product category launched in the Tim Cook era. Though Apple's not talking, sales estimates put over 25 million Apple Watches on wrists, and that makes it the most successful wearable device in history. Apple is also currently the number one watch manufacturer in the world — topping Rolex as of September 2017.
Apple currently offers three versions of the Watch: Apple Watch Series 3 GPS + Cellular offers all the latest, greatest features, including a bright display; stand-alone LTE access for sending messages, using Siri, finding your way, and more; GPS for route tracking; and swim-proofing for water workouts and play. Apple Watch Series 3 GPS-only has fewer case options and skips the cellular route, but offers a more inexpensive entry into the super-speedy Apple Watch ecosystem. And Apple Watch Series 1 is the company's existing budget aluminum option: It eschews swim-proofing, GPS, a faster processor, and a brighter screen for a thoroughly great entry-point into the smartwatch and fitness-tracking ecosystem.
- The Best Apple Watch You Can Buy
- What's next: Apple Watch rumor roundup
- How to get started with Apple Watch
Apple Watch Buyers Guide
Apple has done a lot to simplify the Apple Watch product line: Gone are the myriad of different "collection" options and, in their place, a few different models and base pairings for you to start with, with a lot of bands to grow into. A lot a lot.
Still, with sporty aluminum, classic stainless steel, and "Edition" ceramic options, finishes from silver, space gray, gold, rose gold, polished silver, space black DLC, and white ceramic, and special versions in partnership with Nike+ and Hermès, there's plenty to choose from.
- Should you upgrade your Apple Watch?
- Should you buy Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple Watch Series 3?
- Which Apple Watch color should you get: Silver, gold, gray, black, or white?
- Should you buy the 32mm or 48mm Apple Watch?
- Should you buy the aluminum, stainless steel, or ceramic Apple Watch?
- Should you get AppleCare+ for your Apple Watch?
Apple Watch reviews
- Apple Watch Series 3 GPS + Cellular review
- Apple Watch Series 2 review
- Apple Watch (Ceramic) Edition review
- Apple Watch Hermes review
- Apple Watch Nike+ review
- Apple Watch Series 1 review
- Apple Watch (2015) review
Go beyond with Apple Watch
Once you've purchased your Apple Watch, it's time to check out all the apps and accessories that can take it — and you! — to the next level!
- How to get started with Apple Watch
- Best apps for Apple Watch
- Best complications for Aple Watch
- Best accessories for Apple Watch
Apple Watch help and discussion
If you have any questions or need any help with your Apple Watch, jump into our forums:
Apple says its offices in the US will not fully reopen until at least 2021
According to a report from Bloomberg, Apple is planning for its office and many of its retail workers to remain remote for the rest of the year.
Review: The Oak Hollow Aloria Series Office Chair is comfy and customizable
To maximize your productivity, you need a comfortable, ergonomic office chair. Consider Oak Hollow Furniture's multi-adjustable Aloria Series Office Chair, designed for comfort.
Let's talk iOS 14 public betas, AirPods, and technostalgia
It's been a busy week with Apple releasing public betas for iOS 14, iPadOS 14, and tvOS 14. We also talk about the AirPods design rumors and more.
Swap out the strap with the best bands for the Fitbit Ace 2
If you want to get your kid an alternative — or a spare — band for their precious Fitbit Ace 2, we can help. We've got all the best bands available for the popular wearable, from official options direct from Fitbit, to more affordable third-party choices from other manufacturers.