FireCore has released another update to its hugely popular software for jailbroken second generation Apple TV's (2010, 720p version). The new 1.6 release includes a raft of new features and improvements, the most interesting being the ability to download subtitles for movies in your collection on the fly.
Hot on the heels of the new Seas0nPass release we're happy to present to you a brand new version of aTV Flash (black). Version 1.6 adds a bunch of great new features including integrated subtitle downloads, expanded codec support, refined video playback, improved networking, additional translations and a truckload of other improvements and bug fixes.
Still nothing concrete on the release of a jailbrealk for the latest Apple TV (2012, 1080p version) but we are sure all parties are still working hard on that. If you’re looking for the full change log, you’ll find it below. If you really don’t need the full details and just want to get yourself updated, version 1.5 is available now from the Firecore website. If you're already running a version of aTV Flash (black) the new 1.6 version can be installed through the Maintenance --> Manage Extras menu.
Need help jailbreaking your Apple TV 2? If so, be sure to check out our full how-to guide.
- Added integrated subtitle downloads from OpenSubtitles.org
- Added support for purchased iTunes content (matching iTunes login required)
- Added video deinterlacing option
- Added Wake-on-Lan (WOL)
- Added Portuguese (Portugal) translation
- Added support for displaying subtitles in lower 'black bar'
- Added support for .WTV files
- Added support for multiple simultaneous AFP connections
- Improved bulk fetching & added automatic artwork caching
- Improved automatic downscaling for large thumbnails
- Improved metadata reloading for images
- Improved buffering over AFP
- Resolved various audio synchronization issues
- Resolved possible overflow in 5.1 AC3 audio
- Resolved issues with zoom for 4:3 movies
- Resolved missing audio for .dvr-ms files (ASF containers)
- Resolved rare SRT file crash
- Resolved issues with slideshow animation
- Resolved file specific metadata fetching issues
- Resolved rare ISO file crashes
- Resolved issue with displaying identical thumbnails for images with the same name
- Resolved metadata loading issues for files containing non-latin characters
- Resolved rare 5ch audio file crash
- Resolved issues with incorrect metadata for files with '
- Resolved auto-start issues in Couch Surfer
- Reduced memory footprint for large software-decoded videos and slideshows
- Other minor UI improvements & bug fixes
Get the Aviary Twitter app for just $1.99, today only!
You haven't lived until you've used a third-party Twitter app like Aviary. You want to live, don't you?
Apple's Black Friday iPhone SE sale essentially makes the price $290
The iPhone SE is already an incredible price, even without any discounts, but with Apple's Black Friday sale, you can get one for a song.
Which AirPods should you buy on Black Friday?
Thinking of buying AirPods for Black Friday but can't decide which ones you should get? I've got some advice that should help you decide.
Your Apple TV will love these accessories
Your Apple TV can become even better with any of these accessories presented here. From keyboards to remote covers to gaming controllers, we've got your back!