FireCore has released another update to its hugely popular software for jailbroken second generation Apple TV's (2010, 720p version). The new 1.6 release includes a raft of new features and improvements, the most interesting being the ability to download subtitles for movies in your collection on the fly.
Still nothing concrete on the release of a jailbrealk for the latest Apple TV (2012, 1080p version) but we are sure all parties are still working hard on that. If you’re looking for the full change log, you’ll find it below. If you really don’t need the full details and just want to get yourself updated, version 1.5 is available now from the Firecore website. If you're already running a version of aTV Flash (black) the new 1.6 version can be installed through the Maintenance --> Manage Extras menu.
Need help jailbreaking your Apple TV 2? If so, be sure to check out our full how-to guide.
- Added integrated subtitle downloads from OpenSubtitles.org
- Added support for purchased iTunes content (matching iTunes login required)
- Added video deinterlacing option
- Added Wake-on-Lan (WOL)
- Added Portuguese (Portugal) translation
- Added support for displaying subtitles in lower 'black bar'
- Added support for .WTV files
- Added support for multiple simultaneous AFP connections
- Improved bulk fetching & added automatic artwork caching
- Improved automatic downscaling for large thumbnails
- Improved metadata reloading for images
- Improved buffering over AFP
- Resolved various audio synchronization issues
- Resolved possible overflow in 5.1 AC3 audio
- Resolved issues with zoom for 4:3 movies
- Resolved missing audio for .dvr-ms files (ASF containers)
- Resolved rare SRT file crash
- Resolved issues with slideshow animation
- Resolved file specific metadata fetching issues
- Resolved rare ISO file crashes
- Resolved issue with displaying identical thumbnails for images with the same name
- Resolved metadata loading issues for files containing non-latin characters
- Resolved rare 5ch audio file crash
- Resolved issues with incorrect metadata for files with ' [[ tvshow name ]] /S01E0.avi' pattern
- Resolved auto-start issues in Couch Surfer
- Reduced memory footprint for large software-decoded videos and slideshows
- Other minor UI improvements & bug fixes
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
UK editor at iMore, mobile technology lover and air conditioning design engineer.