If you want to check out the app extensions that are available in Apple's built-in Maps app but can't seem to figure out how to enable them, read on.
Maps extensions became available starting with iOS 10. My colleagues swooned over all of the cool app extensions and what they could do.
Unfortunately, I couldn't find them.
"Do you have OpenTable on your iPhone?" "Is Uber available in your area?" Yup and yup. Still no toggle switch in Settings. When I tried to enable an app that I knew was available as an app extension, I got nothin'.
Did you have trouble finding Maps extensions?
Please tell me I'm not the only one that had trouble figuring it out. Somebody have my back in the comments, will ya?
○ What's new in the Maps app
○ How to find locations and get directions with Maps
○ How to share location and directions with Maps
○ How to delete your search history and prior destinations in Maps
○ How to use Siri with Maps
○ How to enable and use Maps extensions
○ Best Maps app extensions
○ How to change settings for Maps
○ How to report a problem in Maps
○ How to use Maps with CarPlay
Lory is a renaissance woman, writing news, reviews, and how-to guides for iMore. She also fancies herself a bit of a rock star in her town and spends too much time reading comic books. If she's not typing away at her keyboard, you can probably find her at Disneyland or watching Star Wars (or both).
But still no offline maps. Can't use Apple Maps until it has offline maps. This has been a standard feature in every other navigation app for years.
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.