Using Tweetbot and wondering how to enable the recently added experimental push notifications? Tapbots just recently opened up tons more slots in the beta program so if you haven't enabled it, there's still a good chance you can snag a slot.
The most common question I've been getting is how to enable push notifications. Although Tweetbot is a gorgeous Twitter client, the push settings are in a bit of a weird place. Follow along for a quick guide on how to try and activate push in Tweetbot.
- First launch Tweetbot and click the account icon in the upper left hand corner of your timeline.
- Then tap Accounts & Settings.
- You will see a page that lists all your accounts. Tap Settings at the bottom.
- From the next screen select the username you'd like to try push notifications for.
- Now select Notifications at the top.
- Simply turn on the switches for each type of notification you'd like and your'e done!
- If notifications don't work for some reason, make sure you have Tweetbot push enabled from your general iPhone settings under Settings and Notifications.
As a side note, Tweetbot push is still experimental and they are only allowing so many users at one time. Most people seem to be getting it to work but if you get an error message, the testing slots could just be filled. Keep trying to turn them on occasionally to see if more testing slots have opened. Hopefully push will be available publicly soon!
Tips of the day will range from beginner-level 101 to advanced-level ninjary. If you already know this tip, keep the link handy as a quick way to help a friend. If you have a tip of your own you'd like to suggest, add them to the comments or send them in to firstname.lastname@example.org. (If it's especially awesome and previously unknown to us, we'll even give ya a reward...)
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
More smartphone makers to follow Apple in ditching headphones from boxes
A recent DigiTimes report includes an indication that more smartphone makers will follow Apple's lead in ditching headphones from their smartphone boxes, a move that will benefit sales of true wireless products.
The MagSafe Charger may leave a circular imprint on leather iPhone cases
According to a new Apple Support document, the company is warning those who use a leather case with their iPhone of potential imprints.
Apple Stores get huge neon window dressing to celebrate iPhone 12 launch
Some Apple Stores now have some huge, neon window dressings as the company releases iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro to the world.
Protect your iPad Air 4 and add some personal flair with a great case
The iPad Air 4 is a powerful tablet that will let you do work, play games, and get creative. If you want to get the most out of your iPad Air 4, a well-designed case will go a long way.