Double-billed, have a purchase you didn't make, or just have a problem with an iTunes purchase and wondering who to contact an how? There are millions of users and credit cards on file with iTunes, so every once in a while weird issues are bound to pop up. Unfortunately iTunes doesn't have a phone line to call but they do have a pretty good support team that answers e-mails and deals strictly with iTunes billing issues. Keep reading and we'll show you how to contact them!
All you'll need to do in order to contact iTunes customer support is find the problem invoice on your iTunes account and e-mail them a little blurb explaining the issue. You can find your invoice in either the email receipt iTunes sends you after you purchase an app (or a few apps, they try to bundle them to lower credit card transaction fees), or by logging into your account via the iTunes desktop app and then clicking on Purchase History.
Once you have the right invoice...
- Click on the Report a Problem link directly from the problem purchase and you'll be routed to the iTunes support site instantly. Just jot down your invoice number.
- Once on the iTunes support site, on the left hand column navigate to iTunes Store Account and Billing.
- Next select the topic you need. Most likely Billing Inquiries.
- Then click E-mail us and fill out the form. Your invoice number isn't required but I've found they respond a lot faster if you submit complete information. Also make sure you provide a valid e-mail address and that your Apple ID is correctly input.
- You're done! You'll receive an automated message stating an iTunes rep will respond within 24 hours. Shortly after, you'll receive correspondence from an iTunes rep that can help you resolve your issue.
- I've always had a great experience when dealing with them. They always seem to respond promptly and resolve the issue at hand. What was your experience? Let us know!Tips of the day will range from beginner-level 101 to advanced-level ninjary. If you already know this tip, keep the link handy as a quick way to help a friend. If you have a tip of your own you'd like to suggest, add them to the comments or send them in to email@example.com. (If it's especially awesome and previously unknown to us, we'll even give ya a reward...)
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
iMore senior editor from 2011 to 2015.