Wondering how to save time and effort entering common information like your name, email address, or phone number? The good news is iOS 5 has a special feature called “Shortcuts” that lets you define a word or phrase to a key combination. Follow along and we will show you how easy it is to setup and how it can save you a lot of time too:-
- Go to Settings
- Click on General
- Click on Keyboard
- You will now see a predefined shortcut which is triggered by typing omw
- Click on Add New Shortcut
- Type in a username, email address or phrase you use a lot
- Now choose a letter combination to trigger the shortcut
- Hit Save and that's stored for future use
- Add as many as you like
- When you are finished you will see a list of your shortcuts under General>Keyboard
- Now open up an app that you can type into, we will use Notes
- Type in the shortcut for one of your phrases, you will see the whole phrase open up in a bubble below
You can own a former Apple CEO's California home for just $37.5 million
Former Apple CEO Mike Markkula might not be as infamous as Steve Jobs but he still managed to rack up enough cash to pick up a pretty swanky home in California. And it could be yours for a snip at just $37.5 million.
Eufy clears up HomeKit delay for its indoor cameras
Eufy has sought to clear up some confusion about HomeKit support for its Indoor Cam 2K and Indoor Cam 2K Pan & Tilt hardware. It's still coming, and it'll have HomeKit Secure Video to boot.
Apple Music observing 'Black Out Tuesday' to support #BlackLivesMatter
Apple Music is running a 'Black Out Tuesday' campaign as part of #TheShowMustBePaused, raising awareness for Black Lives Matter.
Don't like Apple's Magic Keyboard? Try these alternatives
Do you like the look of Apples Magic Keyboard but want something a little different? There are alternatives.