When you subscribe to Apple Music, you can add to your own iTunes music library the many millions of tracks available through the service. It's important to note, however, that you don't own these tracks. Really, you're renting them. So if you sign out of Apple Music, or let your subscription expire or lapse, these tracks will disappear.
Still, this is a great way to fill out your collection with tons of great stuff that you can listen to whenever you want — as long as you have an active Apple Music subscription. You will not be charged anything additional to make these songs part of your own iTunes library, but you do need an active subscription. If you don't, the music you've added will disappear — unless you buy your own copy from iTunes (or another music service) and add it to your library permanently.
How to add Apple Music tracks to your Mac iTunes library
- Open iTunes.
- Find the Apple Music song or album you want to save.
- To add a specific track, select it and click the ellipsis button next to it, then click Add to my music.
- To select the entire album, click the + button in the album's title bar. It will change to a check box.
- To confirm that the album or song has been added to your music library, click on the My Music tab.
- Note that the new song or album you've added is in the Cloud, but hasn't been downloaded to your Mac yet. To download it, click the Cloud button.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Apple facing lawsuit over claims it concealed falling iPhone demand
A judge has ruled that Apple can sued over comments made by Tim Cook during a call in 2018.
Apple is reopening the last five Italian Apple Stores tomorrow
Italy has been one of the worst-hit regions in terms of coronavirus but Apple is reopening the last five of its stores in the country as of tomorrow.
New report claims the next iPad Air will switch to USB-C just like iPad Pro
Could the next iPad Air be the second iPad to move away from Lightning? One report thinks so.
Take your iPad Air 3 to the next level with a great pair of headphones
A great pair of headphones is the perfect way to take your iPad experience to the next level. But which ones are the best fit for you? Here are some great options for you.