Apple's Magic Mouse looks amazing and has some great features, but it's not the most ergonomic design around. Here's how you can make it a little more comfortable to use.
Products used in this guide
- The mouse: Apple Magic Mouse 2 (opens in new tab) ($79)
- Grip it good: Elevation Lab Magic Grips (opens in new tab) ($15)
How to make the Apple Magic Mouse more comfortable to use
We're using the Apple Magic Mouse 2 here, but the Elevation Lab Magic Grips kit is also compatible with the original Magic Mouse that takes removable batteries if you still use that one.
- Flip the Magic Mouse over.
- Using the included alcohol wipe, clean the underside of the mouse.
- Ensure the underside of the mouse is dry.
- Before adhering, line each grip up in the middle of the mouse and make sure you're happy with the position.
- Remove the adhesive strips and firmly press each grip to the underside of the mouse.
- Flip the mouse over and push down firmly for about 30 seconds.
The Magic Grips add a sidewall to the Magic Mouse and make it much easier to hold. They're such a simple accessory but completely transform the Magic Mouse.
In the kit, you get an additional, larger grip for your thumb if you'd like something a bit higher. It's down to personal preference, but for such an affordable price it's nice to have options.
Our top equipment picks
This incredibly simple, very affordable accessory makes the Apple Magic Mouse completely different to use. For the better.
Easy to apply and a dramatic improvement
Make your Magic Mouse a whole heap more comfortable to use with these simple grips.
The Magic Mouse is very pretty to look at, and its touch-enabled top is certainly innovative, but it's not particularly ergonomic. Adding these grips makes a big improvement on that front, and will help your wrists feel less strained at the end of the day.
The Magic Grips work on either generation Magic Mouse, but if you're in the market for a new one you'll be getting the Magic Mouse 2.(opens in new tab)
Apple Magic Mouse 2 (opens in new tab) ($79 at Amazon)
A gorgeous design and innovative touch-enabled top combine with Lightning charging in Apple's latest generation Magic Mouse.
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.