Apple's new iTunes Pass feature allows you to add a card to the Passbook app that contains your iTunes account information. You can then share that card so others can easily add credit at any Apple Store without having to buy a physical card. The most convenient part is that the credit instantly hits your iTunes account, so there's no waiting on physical cards anymore.
How to set up and use an iTunes Pass with Passbook for iPhone and iPad
- Launch the App Store app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Featured tab and tap on Redeem.
- Tap on Get Started next to the iTunes Pass section at the bottom.
- Tap on Add iTunes Pass to Passbook.
- Tap Add at the top to confirm.
- Tap Done and then press the Home button to return to your Home screen.
- Launch the Passbook app.
- Either tap the Share button to share your card with someone else or present it at an Apple Store in order to add credit to your own account.
That's it. If you happen to try out iTunes Pass at an Apple Store, whether it's reloading your own account or gifting credit to someone else, be sure and let us know how it worked in the comments! iTunes Pass is currently available in the U.S., U.K., Australia, and Japan.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
This iOS 14 widget puts Stickies on your iPhone's Home screen
Wouldn't it be cool if you could write something onto a Post-It note and then stick it to your iPhone? No, because it'd fall off. This widget's a much better idea.
Let's talk aesthetic Home screens, Apple Watches, iPhone 12, and more
It's been quite a busy September. We got new Apple Watches, iOS 14 and watchOS 7, new customization trends, and so much more. Let's dive in!
FAQ: TikTok & WeChat ban — why it’s happening and what it means for you
Are TikTok and WeChat really being banned? When does all of this take effect? Will I still be able to use these apps? All this and more answered in our FAQ regarding the latest U.S. orders.
Make sure you have all the ports you need for your Mac with a USB-C hub
The MacBook Pro (Late 2016 and newer) sports at least two, and up to four Thunderbolt 3 ports, but that's all. What to do if you need other ports? Get a hub!