If you want to ditch the beta of watchOS 7 and switch to the first public version, there's a couple of extra steps you'll need to complete before being able to download the official release.
How to remove the beta profile from your Apple Watch
Before performing an Apple Watch update to the public release, you'll need to get rid of the beta software profile on your wearable device.
- Launch the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Please tap on the My Watch tab.
- Scroll down, select Profiles.
- Tap the watchOS Beta Software Profile.
- Choose Remove Profile. Confirm, if necessary.
Reboot your Apple Watch if prompted to do so.
How to download and install the public version of watchOS
Once you've deleted the beta profile, you can continue with the Apple Watch update process by installing the public watchOS software version.
- Update your iPhone to the public release of iOS.
- Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi and launch the Watch app.
- Make sure your Apple Watch is charged to at least 50% and connect it to the magnetic charger.
- Tap on the My Watch tab.
- Tap on General.
- Tap on Software Update.
- Tap on Download and Install.
- Enter your iPhone Passcode when prompted.
- Tap Agree to the Terms and Conditions
- Tap Proceed on your Apple Watch to begin the download.
- Enter your Passcode on Apple Watch.
The watchOS update will download and transfer to your Apple Watch, and Apple Watch will reboot to apply the update. You can follow the progress on the Apple Watch screen, and once it's done, you'll be all set.
Along with watchOS 7, you may also consider buying one of the best Apple Watch bands on the market to go with your "new" Watch!
If you want to know more, be sure to take a look at our entire watchOS 7 review.
You can also add your comments below.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
FAQ: TikTok & WeChat ban — why it’s happening and what it means for you
Are TikTok and WeChat really being banned? When does all of this take effect? Will I still be able to use these apps? All this and more answered in our FAQ regarding the latest U.S. orders.
Here's everything we know about the iPhone 12 so far
With the iPhone 12 reportedly just weeks away, here's everything we currently know about Apple's next flagship lineup!
Here's where to find all 120 Stars in Super Mario 64
There are hundreds of Stars hidden around and throughout Princess Peach's castle in Super Mario 64. Here's where you'll find them all.
Your powerful Apple Watch needs the best USB wall chargers
You've come to depend on your Apple Watch to keep you on task—don't let it run out of power! These are the best USB wall chargers available for the Apple Watch.