The LG 27UD88 is a fine 4K monitor with a number of settings that you can adjust to get the exact visual experience that you're looking for. Here is what you need to know about making those adjustments.
Products Used In This Guide
- Retailer: LG 27UD88 ($480)
How to use enter the menus on the LG 27UD88
- Press in the joystick button on the bottom of the monitor to enter the main menu.
Click left, right, up, or down: Left to enter Menu, right to manage the Input mode, up to select a Game Mode, and down to turn off the monitor.
How to adjust the settings on the LG 27UD88
- Press the joystick button at the bottom of the monitor to enter the main menu.
- Click the joystick to the left to open the Menu.
- Click the joystick to the right twice to enter Quick Settings > Brightness.
- Follow the instructions in the bottom-right corner to make the necessary adjustments.
- Click the joystick to the left to head back to the upper menu
- Repeat for making adjustments in the PBP, Picture, and General sections, or for resetting your monitor's settings.
You should now have no trouble adjusting the settings on your LG 27UD88.
Our top equipment picks
Of course, to properly use this guy, you'll need the monitor itself.
A 4K monitor that can power a MacBook
The LG 27UD88 is a responsive 4K monitor with AMD FreeSync support and built-in modes for gaming. It connects over USB-C, and even has enough power to charge some of Apple's smaller MacBooks.
The settings on the LG 27UD88 are easy to adjust thanks to the joystick control on the bottom of the monitor. The circular layout of the main menu is intuitive when you use the joystick to select the sub-menu you want to control.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Watch the Big Game in 4K for cheap!
Since 4K is slowly becoming the standard for televisions, there's never been a better time to buy inexpensive, gorgeous boob tubes. These are the best inexpensive TVs you can buy with 4K HDR support.
The perfect fit for smaller spaces, the best 32-inch TVs
Big-screen TVs are the greatest, but a 55-inch probably doesn't make much sense in your bedroom, kitchen, or smaller living room. 32 inches is often the perfect size for these spaces, and these are the best 32-inch TVs you can buy.
These are the best 4K monitors you can buy for Mac
Your Mac or MacBook’s display is already gorgeous, but if you’re in the market for a second display or something larger than what you have, you'll want to maintain a similar level of definition. A 4K monitor is a huge step in the right direction. Here are the best 4K monitors for your Mac.