If you're cruising along the highway on a road trip with pals and you want to take a peek at the weather without switching apps, follow along, and we'll show you how with Apple Maps!
How to view the weather in Maps
- Launch Maps from your Home screen.
- Press firmly on the weather button in the lower right corner. You may have to zoom in on the map to make the weather button appear.
The weather forecast and other weather-related details for your current location will appear on the screen. If you tap on the forecast, you'll open the Weather app.
Let us know in the comments below!
○ What's new in the Maps app
○ How to find locations and get directions with Maps
○ How to share location and directions with Maps
○ How to delete your search history and prior destinations in Maps
○ How to use Siri with Maps
○ How to enable and use Maps extensions
○ Best Maps app extensions
○ How to change settings for Maps
○ How to report a problem in Maps
○ How to use Maps with CarPlay
Bryan M. Wolfe has written about technology for over a decade on various websites, including TechRadar, AppAdvice, and many more. Before this, he worked in the technology field across different industries, including healthcare and education. He’s currently iMore’s lead on all things Mac and macOS, although he also loves covering iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch. Bryan enjoys watching his favorite sports teams, traveling, and driving around his teenage daughter to her latest stage show, audition, or school event in his spare time. He also keeps busy walking his black and white cocker spaniel, Izzy, and trying new coffees and liquid grapes.
If it shows you the weather where you are, can't you just look outside?
You can see the weather at your DESTINATION as well when traveling, etc.
Edit: You have to turn on Weather in the Maps settings, mine was off so I couldn't find it in Maps.
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.