Whether you're listening to Beats 1, Apple Music radio stations, For You playlists, or your own library, sometimes you'll want to play a certain song again but can't remember its title. Luckily, it's easy to see what you've listened to using iTunes app on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
A quick note about your play history
Your iPhone only lists songs from your library and For You playlists that you've listened to while the app was open; when you close iTunes or restart your iPhone, this list gets wiped. It's also local to each device.
In contrast, tracks you listen to on Beats 1 or Apple Music radio stations are synced across your devices, with a full list being available in both the iTunes app on your iPhone and on your Mac. I'm not sure how many days of history it stores, but my history goes back to a few days after the Apple Music launch.
How to view your library's play history on your iPhone or iPad
- Open the Music app, tap the currently playing track, and tap the Up Next icon.
- Swipe down to reveal your Up Next history.
- Tap a track if you want to play it again.
- Tap Done.
How to view your radio play history on your iPhone or iPad
- Open the iTunes app.
- Tap on the Wishlist icon in the upper right corner.
- Tap on the Radio tab.
- You'll be able to see your entire radio listening history here, with buy buttons for iTunes Store purchases.
How to view your radio play history on your Mac
- Open iTunes and click on the Radio tab.
- Start playing any Apple Music radio station, Beats 1 included.
- Click the Up Next list icon.
- Select the History icon to view your listening history. Songs in Apple Music's catalog will show "Add" next to their entry; songs only available on the iTunes Store will show a buy button.
How to view your library's play history on your Mac
- Open iTunes and click on the My Music tab.
- Start playing any song from your Apple Music library, or from a For You playlist.
- Click the Up Next list icon.
- Select the History icon to view your listening history.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
FAQ: TikTok & WeChat ban — why it’s happening and what it means for you
Are TikTok and WeChat really being banned? When does all of this take effect? Will I still be able to use these apps? All this and more answered in our FAQ regarding the latest U.S. orders.
Plan your day with Hour Blocks and its amazing iOS 14 Home screen widgets
Planning your day is no fun but sometimes you find an app that goes some way to making it less boring. Hour Blocks does a decent job and it looks lovely, too.
Scribble Together gets the coolest iOS 14 App Clip we've seen so far
Scribble Together has released its new App Clip for Scribble Together, which will allow users to collaborate on a Scribble Together whiteboard even if they don't have the app.
Pick the best Eufy RoboVac for you with our handy guide
Eufy makes some pretty compelling robotic vacuums and there are a lot to choose from. With a vast difference between the lower end, more affordable models and the smarter, connected, high end options, there are many factors to consider when deciding which model would be best for your household. We have compared the best of Eufy's RoboVac range here so you can find the right one for you.