It's double unboxing time on the show! Joe checks out his iPhone 12 Pro in Pacific Blue while Lory shows off the new iPad Air. In addition to delivering their first impressions of the new gadgets, the crew share some tips and tricks for backup and migrating data to your new device.
All that, and AirTags might be announced next month. Apple, please don't let Georgia down!
- Pictures: iPhone 12, 12 Pro in the hands of Apple's first customers | iMore
- iPad Air 4: Release date, price, and everything you need to know | iMore
- Prosser: AirTags testing to complete soon, to be announced next month | iMore
- The 18W charger you got with your iPhone 11 Pro won't officially fast charge your iPhone 12 | iMore
- Roman: Welcome to Roman, a digital health clinic for men. Go to GetRoman.com/imore today. If approved, you'll get $15 off your first order of ED treatment.
- Keeps (opens in new tab): The easiest and most affordable way to keep the hair you have. For a limited time, receive your first month of treatment for free — Go to keeps.com/imore (opens in new tab)
Be part of the show!
Send in your comments, questions, feedback, or follow-up to:
Device to device transfer -- I have not tested this with an iPhone, but for iPad, I did not need ANY extra cables or adapters or anything. The new iPad (regular 8th gen) was not even connected to a power source. The old iPad (an Air from about 6 years ago) was connected to power and was on our home WiFi network. In the middle of the set up, the new iPad offered to transfer all data. All I had to do was bring the new iPad within about 3 feet of the old one and everything started automatically. No cables. No nothing. Very fast. (Faster than setting up cables and transferring from the Mac and faster than iCloud). I wondered if it was using AirDrop or just the WiFi or if that was the same thing. I cannot imagine that Apple would make it so easy for iPad and require all those adapters and stuff for iPhone. Wesley Sasaki-Uemura
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.