Wondering how to jailbreak using the just-released JailbreakMe.com exploit? It is probably the easiest jailbreak yet, and we will walk you through it step by step after the break.
There is no need to use your computer; it is all done on your iOS device. We would recommend that you fully backup your device using iTunes prior to any jailbreak. This is always a good thing to do, just in case something should go wrong.
- iPad 2: iOS 4.3.3
- iPad: iOS 4.3 to 4.3.3
- iPhone 4: iOS 4.3 to 4.3.3 (Verizon 4.2.6 to 4.2.8)
- iPhone 3GS: iOS 4.3 to 4.3.3
- iPod touch 4: iOS 4.3 to 4.3.3
- iPod touch 3: iOS 4.3 to 4.3.3
JailbreakMe step by step
Make sure your device is running iOS 4.3 to 4.3.3 or 4.2.6 to 4.2.8 for the Verizon iPhone. The iPad 2 must be running the latest iOS 4.3.3 software.
Back up your device again using iTunes.
Once you have backed up your device, open Safari on your iOS device and go to www.jailbreakme.com//
5. Click on the "FREE" button under the Cydia icon, this will then change to "INSTALL". 6. Click on "INSTALL" button and it will dump you back to the home screen. 7. You should now see the Cydia brown icon installing on your home screen.Once complete, open Cydia by tapping on the icon on your home screen 8. Select one of the three user options, normally User. Hit done, which will appear in the top right of the box when you have selected Who Are You.
If you do have questions or issues, feel free to visit our Jailbreak Forums for help and tips.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Review: Free Your Tea Subscription Box is personalized just for your tastes
The Free Your Tea Subscription Box uses a number of methods to get you your perfect blend of teas each month.
Forrest Gump's $100k in Apple stock is now worth almost $49 billion
Forrest Gump hit theaters this week 26 years ago. If Gump's $100,000 investment in Apple Computer was real it'd now net him a cool $48.6 billion.
U.S. considering TikTok ban, says Pompeo
The U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo says that the government is 'certainly looking into' banning TikTok and other Chinese social media platforms in the U.S.
Get the most out of your iMac with these nifty accessories
Your all-in-one iMac is a feat of engineering, but unless you accessorize it properly, it’s just a big TV on your desk. You’ll need a kick-ass mouse, a great keyboard, some sweet speakers, and more.