Wondering how to jailbreak using the just-released JailbreakMe.com exploit? It is probably the easiest jailbreak yet, and we will walk you through it step by step after the break.
There is no need to use your computer; it is all done on your iOS device. We would recommend that you fully backup your device using iTunes prior to any jailbreak. This is always a good thing to do, just in case something should go wrong.
- iPad 2: iOS 4.3.3
- iPad: iOS 4.3 to 4.3.3
- iPhone 4: iOS 4.3 to 4.3.3 (Verizon 4.2.6 to 4.2.8)
- iPhone 3GS: iOS 4.3 to 4.3.3
- iPod touch 4: iOS 4.3 to 4.3.3
- iPod touch 3: iOS 4.3 to 4.3.3
JailbreakMe step by step
- Make sure your device is running iOS 4.3 to 4.3.3 or 4.2.6 to 4.2.8 for the Verizon iPhone. The iPad 2 must be running the latest iOS 4.3.3 software.
- Back up your device again using iTunes.
- Once you have backed up your device, open Safari on your iOS device and go to www.jailbreakme.com//
5. Click on the "FREE" button under the Cydia icon, this will then change to "INSTALL".
6. Click on "INSTALL" button and it will dump you back to the home screen.
7. You should now see the Cydia brown icon installing on your home screen.Once complete, open Cydia by tapping on the icon on your home screen
8. Select one of the three user options, normally User. Hit done, which will appear in the top right of the box when you have selected Who Are You.
9. That’s it, you’re done! You should now see the Cydia home screen on your device. It is now jailbroken and you have full access to all the Cydia jailbreak goodness!
If you do have questions or issues, feel free to visit our Jailbreak Forums for help and tips.
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
UK editor at iMore, mobile technology lover and air conditioning design engineer.