The Luminous Legends X event sees Xerneas and other Kalos Pokémon make their debut in Pokémon GO
What you need to know
- The Luminous Legends X event has been announced in Pokémon GO.
- This event features Xerneas alongside Fairy-, Dragon- and Psychic-type Pokémon.
- The event will run from May 4 to May 17, 2021.
Niantic has announced the Luminous Legends X event, which will be celebrating Xerneas, the Life Pokémon, and its debut in the Pokémon GO app. Many Pokémon from the sixth-generation region of Kalos have slowly been making their way into the game, and now one of the featured legendary Pokémon will finally get their chance in the spotlight. Fairy- and Dragon-type Pokémon will be heavily featured in this event, which may give players a change to mix up their Pokémon GO League teams.
The event will run from May 4, 2021 to May 17, 2021 and will feature the following:
- Xerneas, the Life Pokémon from Kalos, will be making its debut in five-star raids.
- Spritzee, Swirlix, and Goomy will be making their debut in wild encounters. Fairy- and Dragon-type Pokémon like Dratini, Cottonee, Ralts, Bagon, and more will also be making more frequent appearances in the wild.
- Rainy Lures will be making their debut in Pokémon GO. These lures can be placed at PokéStops and will attract rain-loving Pokémon, such as Bug-, Water- and Electric-type Pokémon. Goomy's evolution, Sliggoo, can be evolved into Goodra while near a Rainy Lure.
- Event-exclusive Timed Research will reward players with Fairy-type Pokémon such as Spritzee and Swirlix upon completion, alongside items like Rainy Lures.
- Psychic-, Dragon-, and Fairy-type Pokémon will be featured in 7-km eggs, such as Azurill, Cleffa, Gible, Igglybuff, Swirlix and Spritzee.
- Psychic-, Dragon-, and Fairy-type Pokémon will be making more appearances in raids. Galarian Ponyta, Alolan Exeggutor, Xerneas and other Pokémon will be featured.
- Event-exclusive AR-mapping tasks will reward players with Galarian Ponyta encounters.
- Dragonite will be able to learn Draco Meteor with a Charged TM item during the event.
- Evolving a Shelgon into a Salamence will result in the Salamence knowing the charged move Outrage. Alternatively, players can use a Charged TM on a Salamence during the event to teach it Outrage.
As players work together during the event, they can co-ordinate to catch as many Fairy-type Pokémon as possible. Catching 500 million Fairy types by May 11 will unlock the second half of the event which will feature the following special bonuses from May 11 to May 17, 2021:
- A 3x Catch XP bonus will be active.
- Pancham will make its debut and be featured in raids.
- Shiny Galarian Ponyta will be featured.
The Luminous Y event, featuring the Destruction Pokémon, Yveltal, will be coming to Pokémon GO soon enough. Will you be looking forward to these events? If you or your friends are new to Pokémon GO, you can check out the Friend Referral Program! Don't forget to take your Pokémon GO accessories to make your playtime more efficient. Remember to GO and catch Pokémon responsibly!
Get the best of iMore in your inbox, every day!
Nadine is a freelance writer for iMore with a specialty in all things Nintendo, often working on news, guides, reviews, and editorials. She's been a huge Nintendo fan ever since she got to pet her very own Nintendog, and enjoys looking at Nintendo's place in the video game industry. Writing is her passion, but she mostly does it so that she can pay off her ever-growing debt to Tom Nook. Her favorite genres are simulation games, rhythm games, visual novels, and platformers. You can find her at @stopthenadness on Twitter, where she'll more than likely be reposting cute Animal Crossing content.