What you need to know
- Mini Motorways has a big new Apple Arcade update out.
- Gamers can now save their progress to the cloud and resume on Nintendo Switch and Steam.
- Two new maps have been added to the game.
Mini Motorways has a new update available for iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV which means gamers can sync their progress with their Nintendo Switch and PC via Steam. The update, dubbed "The Night Lights Update," also brings with it two new maps and more.
Available for download via Apple Arcade and the App Store now, the new Mini Motorways update buries the lede by telling us about the addition of headlights when playing in dark mode. The biggest addition is the new cloud save feature, however, with gamers able to "pick up and keep playing Mini Motorways on Nintendo Switch, right where you left off on Steam."
Developer Dinosaur Polo Club has also added two new maps in the form of Warsaw and Chiang Mai while improvements to menu performance and the usual array of bug fixes are also included in the update.
The full rundown of what's changed in this release reads:
- For those who like to plan their cities in the twilight hours, Mini Motorways' night mode now offers commuters a highly requested feature: headlights!
- Two new maps! Explore Warsaw by finding unique ways to navigate its winding Vistula River and historic geography. Next, make your way across countries and continents to the iconic city of Chiang Mai where you can test your skills by navigating the old city moat.
- Steam Cloud syncing! This means you'll be able to pick up and keep playing Mini Motorways on Nintendo Switch, right where you left off on Steam.
- Various menu performance improvements.
- Various bug fixes including improvements to leaderboards.
All of that, and everything that's already so great about Mini Motorways, is waiting for you in Apple Arcade. The $4.99 per month subscription is also available as part of the Apple One subscription bundle, too.
If you want to upgrade your Apple Arcade gaming experience, check out our list of the best game controllers for mobile gaming.
Unlimited games, one price
Apple Arcade has over a hundred premium games with more added regularly each week. There is something here for everyone, and it only costs $5 a month for all you can game!
Oliver Haslam has written about Apple and the wider technology business for more than a decade with bylines on How-To Geek, PC Mag, iDownloadBlog, and many more. He has also been published in print for Macworld, including cover stories. At iMore, Oliver is involved in daily news coverage and, not being short of opinions, has been known to 'explain' those thoughts in more detail, too.
Having grown up using PCs and spending far too much money on graphics card and flashy RAM, Oliver switched to the Mac with a G5 iMac and hasn't looked back. Since then he's seen the growth of the smartphone world, backed by iPhone, and new product categories come and go. Current expertise includes iOS, macOS, streaming services, and pretty much anything that has a battery or plugs into a wall. Oliver also covers mobile gaming for iMore, with Apple Arcade a particular focus. He's been gaming since the Atari 2600 days and still struggles to comprehend the fact he can play console quality titles on his pocket computer.
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.