The Phone different Podcast is back, baby! We had a long, unplanned hiatus due to technical and spiritual difficulties. Maybe not so much with the spiritual, but you get my point.
In this episode, Mike and I talk about the Macworld experience and the new products that were announced there. We also spend a bit of time on the 1.1.3 iPhone update and some other industry news. Listen in!
- iPhone share, see also "Rolls Dice"
- 1.1.3 (Full rundown below)
- Touch, $20 for the update is annoying
- Rentals (see also Apple tv, Time Capsule)
- MacBook Air
- 1.1.3 Update
- Features of 1.1.3
- home screen icon
- Good and bad surprises
- bugs and upgrade hassles, SMS problems
- JailBreak Update
- It's all a mess. Just wait. Seriously.
- Industry Noodling
- Rubenstein wanted a physical keyboard
- Google is fixated on iphone, no seriously, they're fixated. Why else would their stuff be so good?
- LOL Cats on iPhone
- Mike: Easy way to get your own ringtones with Garageband
- Dieter: How To Get Photo speed Dial on your iPhone
Phone different Store
|iGrip Custom Fit Flexible Mount for Apple iPhone - $19.95||Seidio 3-In-1 Travel Kit w/ Retractable USB Cable for Apple iPhone - $24.95||Seidio Inno Dock for Apple iPhone - $39.95|
To contact us, dial 866 757 7752 extension 222. or you can email us at podcast at phonedifferent dot com, it goes directly to both of us.
Highlights from the community:
- Thanks to everyone who emailed us and said "Where the heck have you been?"
- Recommended bluetooth headset?
- 1 million unlocked iPhones?
- Check out our Marketplace
Thanks to the Phone different Store for sponsoring the podcast.
Our music comes from the following sources:
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
...Mike also explains that he's now "Editor Emeritus" for Phone different., for those that were asking about him. Thank god he's still doing the podcast with us, though!
For those of us who listened to TreoCast last week, when Overthrow admitted ditching blogging for the archaic life of academia, it was reassuring to hear that the pod casts would go on. :)
Also wanted to thank Overthrow for all the time and effort he put in here, and all the information he provided (even if his merciless prognostication about a January 08 iPhone release on Rogers still stings...)
Much appreciated, and best of happiness, health, and prosperity with your new endeavors!
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.