Bluetooth is ubiquitous. Almost every person carries a device with Bluetooth support and Bluetooth connected accessories that make our lives easier. Headphones, styluses, door locks, and even cooking gadgets. Rene and I have a few absolute must-haves for our Apple gadgets, plus a couple of fun Bluetooth connected accessories.
Perfect audio pairing
Big sound in a tiny box with active noise-cancellation and Siri support.
Writing in style
All current iPads support Apple Pencil and it makes drawing so much nicer.
Tap, don't click
This trackpad is hands-down the best point-and-clicker for Mac. It's like magic.
Turn any tablet into a tiny computer with this incredibly efficient keyboard case.
Make everything Bluetooth
Turn any device into a Bluetooth device with this diminutive Bluetooth transmitter.
Be the star of your holiday dinner with perfectly cooked meat thanks to this wireless thermometer.
All 20 stories from our 2019 Spotlight on Bluetooth package, all in one place. Whether it's a spot of Bluetooth history, a bit of humor or wireless memery, or some thoughtful analysis on the future of the short-range tech, you'll find it right here, courtesy of the folks at iMore, Android Central, and Windows Central.
- Introduction to our 2019 Spotlight on Bluetooth
- Where did the Bluetooth name and logo come from?
- A history of all the major Bluetooth releases and updates
- Where Bluetooth is headed, and the challenges it must overcome to get there
- Bluetooth 5: Is it actually better, and do you need it?
- Why Bluetooth is so great (and so terrible): A story told via memes
- Why the Bluetooth in your car sucks (and always will)
- 12 weird Bluetooth gadgets the Mobile Nations team uses every day
Apple and iOS
- The secret to Apple's ecosystem
- How to solve common Bluetooth issues on iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch and Mac
- Bluetooth vs AirPlay 2: Which is the superior wireless technology?
- iMore staff's favorite Bluetooth tech
- 5 major Bluetooth milestones at Microsoft
- How to master Bluetooth on Windows 10
- Why Xbox One (still) doesn't use Bluetooth
- Why wireless gaming mice still use RF receivers instead of Bluetooth
- Windows Central staff's favorite Bluetooth gadgets right now
- A closer look at Google's Fast Pair technology and how it builds on Bluetooth
- Top tips for getting your Android devices to play nicely with Bluetooth
- Yes, Bluetooth sucks, but it was good enough to kill the headphone jack on phones
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
Lory is a renaissance woman, writing news, reviews, and how-to guides for iMore. She also fancies herself a bit of a rock star in her town and spends too much time reading comic books. If she's not typing away at her keyboard, you can probably find her at Disneyland or watching Star Wars (or both).