What you need to know
- Spatial Audio and Lossless Audio are now available for Apple Music on Android - kind of.
- The latest beta release of the service has added support for the features.
It appears that today is the day - for beta users. As reported by 9to5Google, the latest beta release for Apple Music on Android has added Spatial Audio and Lossless Audio. The beta release for Apple Music 3.6 for Android also includes automatic crossfade and enhancements to search.
In this update, Apple Music adds spatial listening on compatible devices, with thousands of tracks in Dolby Atmos available at launch.
Other updates include:
- Lossless Audio, a new way to experience un-compromised sound, with bit-for-bit accuracy.
- Automatic Crossfade, a new way to listen that blends each song into the next for a seamless experience.
- Search enhancements to library, which allow you to more easily find your favorite music with in-line search.
In order to get access to these features now, you'll need to sign up for the beta program. It's currently unclear when the features will be rolling out to all users, but beta testing is always the last step so be patient!
If you want to get the most out of Spatial Audio on Apple Music for Android (and iOS for that matter), check out our list of the Best AirPods Pro Deals.
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
Joe Wituschek is a Contributor at iMore. With over ten years in the technology industry, one of them being at Apple, Joe now covers the company for the website. In addition to covering breaking news, Joe also writes editorials and reviews for a range of products. He fell in love with Apple products when he got an iPod nano for Christmas almost twenty years ago. Despite being considered a "heavy" user, he has always preferred the consumer-focused products like the MacBook Air, iPad mini, and iPhone 13 mini. He will fight to the death to keep a mini iPhone in the lineup. In his free time, Joe enjoys video games, movies, photography, running, and basically everything outdoors.