What you need to know
- Apple TV+ and Apple have earned a number of DGA Award nominations.
- "Ted Lasso" has pulled in three nominations.
- Apple has also earned two nominations for its iPhone and Apple Watch commercials.
"Ted Lasso" continues to steal the award nominations, even into its second season.
As reported by The Hollywood Reporter Apple and Apple TV+ have received five award nominations for the 2022 DGA Awards. "Ted Lasso" raked in three nominations for its second season while Apple itself also received two nominations for its iPhone and Apple Watch commercials.
The full list of nominations for Apple and Apple TV+ are below:
Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Comedy Series
- MJ DELANEY, Ted Lasso, "No Weddings and a Funeral" (Apple TV+)
- ERICA DUNTON, Ted Lasso, "Rainbow" (Apple TV+)
- SAM JONES Ted Lasso, "Beard After Hours" (Apple TV+)
Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Commercials
KATHRYN BIGELOW (SMUGGLER) Hollywood In Your Pocket, iPhone 13 — Media Arts Lab
- First Assistant Directors: Allison Kunzman, Arle Bordas
- Second Assistant Director: Abbey Hansen
- Second Second Assistant Director: Cody Maher
IAN PONS JEWELL (RESET) ECG, Apple Watch — Apple; Sleep, Apple Watch — Apple
The award winners will be announced at the 74th annual DGA Awards on Saturday, March 12.
100% exclusive content for the price of a cup of coffee.
With TV+, you can watch well-produced, big-budget TV shows from famed directors, and starring award-winning actors and actresses across all your Apple devices and with up to six members of your Family Sharing group.
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
Joe Wituschek is a Contributor at iMore. With over ten years in the technology industry, one of them being at Apple, Joe now covers the company for the website. In addition to covering breaking news, Joe also writes editorials and reviews for a range of products. He fell in love with Apple products when he got an iPod nano for Christmas almost twenty years ago. Despite being considered a "heavy" user, he has always preferred the consumer-focused products like the MacBook Air, iPad mini, and iPhone 13 mini. He will fight to the death to keep a mini iPhone in the lineup. In his free time, Joe enjoys video games, movies, photography, running, and basically everything outdoors.