SmileOnMyMac, has updated their popular iPhone and iPad app, TextExpander, with Dropbox support. TextExpander allows you to create abbreviations for frequently used chunks of text. Many other apps, such as Twitter apps and notes and to-do apps, support TextExpander so that it's able to be used natively in those apps.
Details and screenshots after the break.
With TextExpander touch, you create a library of abbreviation shortcuts for snippets of text that you use frequently, such as addresses, URLs, and standard replies. Tap that abbreviation, and it automatically expands to the full snippet. (You can even insert today's date automatically with the default abbreviation "ddate"!)
You can use your TextExpander touch snippets directly in over 100 apps that support it, including Twittelator, TwitBird Pro, Elements, Simplenote, WriteRoom, Circus Ponies NoteBook, DEVONthink To Go, BusyToDo, Things, and Zendesk. See www.smilesoftware.com/applist for a complete list.
- Compose notes quickly and easily that contain frequently-used text, addresses, phone numbers, email signatures, URLs, etc.
- Supported in over 100 apps, including Twittelator, TwitBird Pro, Elements, Simplenote, WriteRoom, Circus Ponies Notebook, DEVONthink To Go, BusyToDo, Things, and Zendesk.
- Automatically insert your notes into Mail and SMS messages, or copy-and-paste into other apps on your iOS device.
- Automatically insert today's date with the short abbreviation ddate
- Add TextExpander snippets from your Mac via your local network.
- Save composed notes in an archive for reuse.
- Use multiple snippet groups.
- Add Predefined Groups such as accented words, symbols, HTML, and CSS.
- Dropbox sync support in Settings
- Sort snippets option in Settings
- Option to subscribe to TextExpander touch tips and updates email
- Supports TweetBot as a Twitter client in Settings
- Displays snippet labels
- Other minor fixes and improvements
TextExpander is available on the iPhone and iPad for $4.99.
Have an app you'd love to see featured on TiPb? Email us at email@example.com, tell us about your app (include an iTunes link), and we'll take a look.
[gallery link="file" columns="2"]
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.