App Giveaway: YouMail for iPhone subscription
YouMail is a alternative to the iPhone's built-in visual voicemail. It lets you listen to your voicemail on any device, computer, or email account. It also has a much a more sophisticated caller ID that includes the caller's name and location.
The above mentioned features are available for free, but for a monthly fee, you can have your voicemails transcribed into text so that you can read them instead of listen to them. This transcription is human-powered, so it is extremely accurate.
If you were to ask me what I use my iPhone for, I'd spatter off at least ten different things I regularly do, but "to make calls" would not be on the list. Needless to say, I hate voicemail and would much rather someone text me than leave me a voicemail. In fact, I rarely actually listen my voicemail and instead just shoot the person a text asking what's up.
I need a YouMail subscription.
YouMail is more powerful and more fun than your iPhone visual voicemail.
- Scroll and play on any device: iPhone, iPod, iPad, computer, or e-mail account.
- Visual caller ID, shows caller photos, name, and city and state, even when they're not in your address book!
- Smart greetings wows callers, automatically greeting them by name.
- Total ownership of your voicemail. You can easily save important messages forever, neatly organized in folders, and easily forward them to others.
- Easy contact backup and sync with facebook! Access your contacts on any device.
- Read your voice mail within the app or by e-mail, without ever having to listen to it. (subscription required)
The good folks at YouMail have given us three subscriptions for a year of YouMail's basic service (a $100 value!) to giveaway to our awesome readers! For a chance to win, let us know about how many voicemails you get per day (or week) that you'd rather read than listen to.
YouMail is available on the iPhone for free.
Have an app you'd love to see featured on TiPb? Email us at email@example.com, tell us about your app (include an iTunes link), and we'll take a look.
Have something to say about this story? Share your comments below! Need help with something else? Submit your question!