Daily Tip: create new playlists straight from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
Curious how to create a playlist directly on your iPhone or iPad? We already know you can create them within iTunes, but what about when you're on the go and want a different mix to listen to?
Creating playlists from your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad is just as easy as it is in iTunes. Follow along and we'll tell you how!
- First, go to the playlist tab in your iPod app and tap Add Playlist...
- You'll be prompted to enter a name for your playlist. Enter it and tap Save
- Now you can tap any of the tabs along the bottom to look for music you want to add to the playlist. Simply tap the plus song to add individual songs or whole albums.
- Once you are done adding music, tap Done in the upper right hand corner.
- If you need to edit your playlist (delete or add songs), simply go into the playlist and scroll up and you can edit, clear, or delete the playlist altogether.
That's pretty much it! Next time you sync to your computer, your newly created playlists should also sync back to iTunes. I use this feature quite often on vacations and trips. I also find myself using it to add music I've just recently download to playlists that already exist. Do you guys use this feature?
Tips of the day will range from beginner-level 101 to advanced-level ninjary. If you already know this tip, keep the link handy as a quick way to help a friend. If you have a tip of your own you'd like to suggest, add them to the comments or send them in to firstname.lastname@example.org. (If it's especially awesome and previously unknown to us, we'll even give ya a reward...)