Daily Tip: How to delete an iPhone or iPad app [Beginner]
Brand new to iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, downloaded a few apps and games, and curious how to delete the ones you no longer use? It may not be obvious at first but once you learn how, it's really simple. We'll show you after the break!
To delete an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad app:
- Touch and hold your finger down on the app until it goes into "Jiggly Mode" (starts to dance around).
- Look for the small X badge at the top left of the app you want to delete
- Tap the small X badge
- A dialog box will pop up identifying the name of the app you're about to delete and warning you that you'll delete all the data in the app as well (your account login, game progress, etc.)
- If you're sure, tap Delete (if you're not, tap Cancel)
- If you decide not to delete an app, tap the Home Button to exit Jiggly Mode
That's it, your app is deleted! If you want to delete more apps, just tap their X badges in the same manner. Yes we know this tip is very basic but we need to help out new users too. If you want to flame us please sent the comments to email@example.com. If you have any questions, leave them in the comments!
Tips of the day will range from beginner-level 101 to advanced-level ninjary. If you already know this tip, keep the link handy as a quick way to help a friend. If you have a tip of your own you’d like to suggest, add them to the comments or send them in to firstname.lastname@example.org. (If it’s especially awesome and previously unknown to us, we’ll even give ya a reward…)
Have something to say about this story? Share your comments below! Need help with something else? Submit your question!