If you want up-to-date information about your stocks available at a glance, you want them on your iPhone.
Generally, the folks who want to know about stocks want to know about them easily and often. That's where the Apple Watch can help. With complications, basic stock info is available any time you turn your wrist. And with Siri, Glances, and the Stocks app, even more in-depth info is available with a word or with a few taps.
- How to check the stocks on your Apple Watch with complications
- How to check the stocks on your Apple Watch with Siri
- How to check the stocks on your Apple Watch with the Glance
- How to check the stocks on your Apple Watch with the app
You can set up your Apple Watch's clock face to show you your stocks information. That way, any time you turn your wrist, you'll get an update.
- Pick a clock face that allows for a good quantity of complications. (Utility is good for analog, Modular for digital.)
- Customize the clock face to show stocks. You can use the additional space to show time for other major markets, like New York, London, and Tokyo if you like.
- To change the stock shown in the complication, use the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap any stocks complication to launch the Stocks app on your Apple Watch.
The fastest way to find out more about your stocks on the Apple Watch is to ask Siri, Apple's built-in virtual personal assistant. You can ask for stocks in any city, for either the same day or the coming week.
- Bring your Apple Watch towards your face and say "Hey Siri", or press and hold the Digital Crown to activate Siri.
- Ask for the stocks information that interests you. For example, "What did Apple close at?" "What volume of Apple stock traded" or even, "Compare Apple and Google stock price"
The Stocks glance provides a big easy-to-see quote for your default stock, its change in points and percentage, and a graph.
- Press the Digital Crown to go to your clock face (if you're not there already).
- Swipe up to activate Glances.
- Swipe across until you get to the Stocks glance.
- Tap the Stocks glance to launch the stocks app.
- To change the stock shown in the Stocks glance, use the Apple Watch for iPhone app.
The Stocks app on your Apple Watch lets you check any of the stocks you currently have listed on your iPhone. It displays the current value, change in points and percentage, low and high, a graph you can toggle between day, week, month, and six months, open, volume, P/E, market cap, 52-week high, average volume, and yield.
- Press the Digital Crown to go to the Home screen. (Or just say, "Hey Siri, open Stocks".)
- Tap the Stocks icon to launch the Stocks app.
- Tap the stock you want to view.
- Scroll down to see more information.
- To change the stocks available in the app, add, remove, or reorder them in the Stocks for iPhone app.