How to make a photo slideshow on your iPhone or iPad
The Photos app for iPhone and iPad not only lets you edit and organize your pictures, but also lets you show them off to friends and family with just a few taps. That's thanks to the built-in slideshow feature, which ads movement and sound and special transition. If you'd like, you can even AirPlay them to an Apple TV for a family or group viewing experience. Just tell it what photo you want to start with!
How to start a slideshow with the Photos app for iPhone and iPad
- Launch the Photos app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap into the album you'd like to use in the slideshow or tap into your Camera Roll.
- Tap on the photo you'd like to start the slideshow on to open it.
- Tap on the Share button in the bottom left hand corner.
- Tap on Slideshow in the share menu.
- Tap to confirm where you'd like to play the slideshow. If AirPlay compatible devices are in range, those will show up as options.
- Tap on Start Slideshow at the bottom.
That's all there is to it. Your slideshow will begin to play. To exit, just tap anywhere on the screen. You can also add music in the same settings menu where you chose what device to play the slideshow on. Remember that whatever photo you chose, the slideshow will play the remainder from whatever album you are in. This is why it's a good idea to create an album of the photos you want included so you don't have to include your entire Camera Roll. If you aren't sure how to create albums on your iPhone or iPad, you can check out our guide via the link below!