How to record slow motion videos on your iPhone
The Camera app on the iPhone 5s can not only record video but it can record 120 frames-per-second (fps) slow motion video as well. Slow motion video means just what you'd expect — everything recorded moves more slowly, but still smoothly. It's like the effects you see in movies and on TV. Better still, Apple lets you quickly and easily set in and out points for the slow down effect at any time, so you can make sure your video only goes slow, and stays slow, for the precise moments you want.
- Launch the Camera app from the Home screen of your iPhone 5s
- Switch the slider along the bottom to Slo-Mo by swiping your finger to the right twice from the default photo mode. (Or just tap the word Slo-Mo at the bottom left.
- Record the video you want to have a slow motion portion in just like you'd record a regular video.
- Once the video is done recording, tap on the thumbnail in the bottom left hand corner to pull it up.
- Here you can play the video and drag the sliders around in order to adjust what part of the video is actually slow motion.
How to get more help with Camera for iPhone and iPad
- How to quickly access your iPhone camera from the Lock screen
- How to quickly access your iPhone camera from Control Center
- How to take photos with your iPhone or iPad
- How to record a video with your iPhone or iPad
- How to record slow motion videos on your iPhone
- How to use the panorama camera on your iPhone
- How to take a photo using the volume up button with your iPhone or iPad
- How to take a photo while simultaneously shooting video with your iPhone or iPad
- How to quickly edit and share photos and videos from the camera app on iPhone and iPad
- How to use the camera flash on your iPhone
- How to use the HDR camera on your iPhone or iPad
- How to switch between the rear iSight and front FaceTime camera on your iPhone or iPad
- How to lock focus in the Camera app for iPhone and iPad
- How to use burst mode to capture all the action with your iPhone camera
- How to preview camera filters in real-time on your iPhone
- How to enable the camera grid on your iPhone or iPad
- How to turn photo geotagging on or off on your iPhone or iPad
- Best camera apps for iPhone