iTunes Match showing duplicate songs? Here's how to fix it!
Using iTunes Match on your iPhone or iPad and keep finding duplicate songs in your albums? Turns out you aren't alone. Sometime during the days of iOS 6, a lot of iTunes Match subscribers started reporting the same problem. Unfortunately Apple hasn't yet provided a permanent fix. However, there is a workaround that seems to solve the mysterious duplicate song problem. So how does it work?
How to get rid of duplicate songs in the Music app of your iPhone or iPad
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on iTunes & App Store.
- Turn iTunes Match Off.
- Tap on Settings in the upper left hand corner to return to the previous screen.
- Tap on General — you'll have to scroll back up towards the top again.
- Tap on Usage.
- Wait for the Storage section to load. Depending on how much media you have stored, it could take a few minutes.
- Tap Music under the Storage section.
- Tap the Edit button in the upper right hand corner.
- Tap the Delete button next to the All Music.
- Tap Delete on more time to confirm.
You can now go back into Settings > iTunes & App Store and turn iTunes Match back on.
Check and see if your music is still duplicated. Instead of duplicate songs you should now see cloud icons that will allow you to physically download music from iTunes in the Cloud to your iPhone or iPad. We recommend not connecting with iTunes to sync music if you don't have to since that seems to be what is causing the problem with duplicate songs.
If you've been experiencing duplicate songs on your iPhone and iPad and you use iTunes Match, give the steps above a try and let us know in the comments whether or not it worked for you!
Have something to say about this story? Share your comments below! Need help with something else? Submit your question!