Update: It's Mother's Day. If you have an Apple Watch and you're in the U.S., go get your badge and sticker!
The latest Apple Watch fitness challenge is for Mother's Day. All you have to do to score a special rose-themed badge and sticker is complete a one-mile walk, run, or wheelchair workout on Mother's Day, May 14, 2017.
You can use the built-in Apple Watch Workouts app or any app that integrates into the workout system, including Nike+, Strava, even Pokémon Go for Apple Watch.
Mother's Day, despite being celebrated on the same day in numerous countries around the world, is perplexingly and frustratingly U.S. only. Hopefully Apple will come to understand the international appeal of these challenges and go back to making the available to all customers, everywhere.
For those in the U.S., simply start your workout on Monther's day local time, complete at least a mile, and the badge and sticker — as well as the health benefits! — will be yours.
If you're looking for extra ways to have fun while you get fit:
- Take your mom, or that person who's always been like a mom to you, along for the workout.
- Make it a photo walk or wheel and take great pictures and make new memories along the way.
- See if you can write out the word "MOM" using the built-in route-tracker or your favorite workout app, especially Strava because yes, that's a thing.
- Now that the weather's nice up north again, play some Pokémon Go while you're out and about, using the Pokémon Go workout app.
- If there's a charity walk-a-thon or run in your area, consider joining in. That way you not only get a badge but you help raise awareness and money for a great cause.
It doesn't matter how you do it, though, just that you do it. Our bodies feed on motion and the more we feed it, the better it does and the longer it lasts.
And once you're done, Tweet your pics to @iMore or Instagram @iMoreGrams so we can share in your success!
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
Rene Ritchie is one of the most respected Apple analysts in the business, reaching a combined audience of over 40 million readers a month. His YouTube channel, Vector, has over 90 thousand subscribers and 14 million views and his podcasts, including Debug, have been downloaded over 20 million times. He also regularly co-hosts MacBreak Weekly for the TWiT network and co-hosted CES Live! and Talk Mobile. Based in Montreal, Rene is a former director of product marketing, web developer, and graphic designer. He's authored several books and appeared on numerous television and radio segments to discuss Apple and the technology industry. When not working, he likes to cook, grapple, and spend time with his friends and family.