Best USB Charging Stations for Multiple Devices iMore 2021
If you are looking for a way to keep all of your devices charged up without having absolute chaos, then the Satechi Charging Station Dock is our favorite of the bunch. This dock can charge everything you throw at it, including the new iPad Pros and MacBooks. The great thing about the best USB charging stations is that there are so many different options available, and here are some of the best.
- Best Overall: Satechi Charging Station Dock
- Best For The Desk: Amazon Basics 5-Port Wall Charger
- Ambient Lights: SIIG 90W Charging Station with Ambient Light
- Premium Finish: Sabrent Premium Desktop Smart USB Charger
- Best Charging Tower: Key Power Desktop Charger Station
- Best to Charge Anything: Anker PowerPort Atom PD 4
Best Overall: Satechi Charging Station Dock
Satechi makes some of the most premium accessories on the market, and this 7-port charging station is no different. Velcro straps are included, so your array of cables don't end up too unruly while keeping your desk space clutter-free. Additionally, each slot is large enough to accommodate even the largest smartphones and any cases you may have installed.
Satechi thought about almost everything with this charging station, as there is even surge protection built-in. However, those hoping for Qualcomm Quick Charge support will have to look elsewhere, as Satechi stopped short of including it here.
- Charge up to 7 devices simultaneously
- Included Velcro straps for organization
- Spaces are wide enough to hold the biggest of devices, with their cases
- Surge protection included
- Two USB-C charging ports
- Not certified to work with Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0
- No dedicated smartwatch charging station
Best For The Desk: Amazon Basics 5-Port Wall Charger
When you think of portable chargers, Amazon Basics is likely not the first brand that comes to mind, but their affordable electronic accessories are quickly becoming industry standards. The company has released a 60W charging station with one fast-charging USB-C port and four smart USB-A ports, allowing for a quick charge on any device that you can throw at it.
One of the few downsides is that there is nowhere to put said devices, as you will just need to plug in the cables and set the smartphones or tablets on the desk or table. Despite this, it's a compact, useful device that comes in at a good price.
- Charges all devices simultaneously at full speed
- One USB-C port for fast charging
- Four USB-A ports that can be used simultaneously
- Built-in safeguards to protect against overheating and overcharging
- Can end up being very unorganized with five different cables
Ambient Lights: SIIG Charging Station with Ambient Light
This 90W charging station from SIIG is pretty impressive, thanks to the fact that you can charge up to 10 devices at once. Plus, there is an ambient light that is included to make sure you are plugging everything into the right spot.
These, combined with SIIG's smart charging, ensure that your devices won't overcharge once they've reached 100%. Unfortunately, this station has the same issue as others since having so many devices in one place can end up wreaking havoc. And you are out of luck if you want to charge your smartphone with just the USB-C cable.
- Charge up to 10 devices at once
- Non-slip padded space to accommodate other products
- LED ambient light makes it easy to get everything plugged in
- Smart IC provides the best charging efficiency for each device
- No USB-C charging port
- Too many cables can become unruly
- Lack of charging dock for smartwatches
Premium Finish: Sabrent Premium Desktop Smart USB Charger
Some folks don't want an actual stand to charge their multitude of devices, and that's where Sabrent's desktop charger comes in. It sports a slanted design for access to the USB ports, but you simply plug in the charging cable for your devices and go.
This design looks extremely clean and will blend in rather nicely sitting next to your iMac or MacBook Pro. However, there are no USB-C ports, and the LED indicator light cannot be turned on, so you'll have to resort to unplugging the charger if the light is bothersome.
- Charge up to six devices at once
- Built-in circuit protector
- Rubber bottom to keep dock stable
- Horizontal ports make plugging in cables easy
- No USB-C ports
- LED light cannot be turned off
Best Charging Tower: Key Power Desktop Charger Station
This Charger Station from Jelly Comb is pretty nifty as it is actually a tower that you don't need to worry about accidentally falling over when more devices are plugged in. While it's a tower, the charger is still compact enough not to take up a boat-load of space on the desk and measures in at just over 4 inches.
There is even an LED light to let you know when your devices are being charged. However, if you are hoping for some Quick Charge support, you'll need to look elsewhere. Plus, there is no dedicated On/Off switch to turn it off when all of your devices are ready to go.
- Can detect your device to deliver its fastest charging speed
- Compact and portable
- Small LED informs you of when devices are charging
- No On/Off switch
- No Qualcomm Quick Charge support
Best to Charge Anything: Anker PowerPort Atom PD 4
The new Anker PowerPort Atom PD 4 is perfect for those looking for a desktop solution capable of charging all of your devices. There are two USB-C ports with Power Delivery, capable of providing up to 100W of power with the correct cable. The two additional USB-A ports take advantage of Anker's PowerIQ technology to ensure the best charging speeds for other devices.
Not only is the Atom PD 4 small and lightweight enough to pack away in your bag, but you can also remove the wall cable to make it even more compact. Anker ensures that this charger is compatible with all kinds of devices and will evenly distribute the necessary power based on the devices that are plugged in. Plus, Anker offers an 18-month warranty if something goes awry with your charger.
On paper, the PD 4 marks off just about all of the checkboxes that one could want. However, there is no dedicated power button to turn the charger on or off. This means that you'll need to unplug it from the wall if you want to turn the charger off. Also, there is no official Quick Charge 3.0 support, and PowerIQ will likely do the job, but we still would've liked to see QC 3.0 onboard.
- Charge up to 100W
- Full-speed simultaneous charging for multiple devices
- 18-month manufacturer's warranty
- Lightweight enough to pack away for travel
- No On/Off switch
- No Qualcomm Quick Charge support
Best to Charge Anything
Anker PowerPort Atom PD 4
Up to 100W
Anker's PowerPort Atom PD 4 can charge your 16-inch MacBook Pro, iPad, iPhone, and anything else.
When it comes to the best USB charging stations, you can't get much better than the Satechi Charging Station Dock. The fact that it features five standard USB ports and two USB-C ports is appealing enough as it is.
Add in that Satechi includes velcro for cable management, along with built-in docks for your devices, and this is a no-brainer. Each port is large enough to hold even the largest devices and is compatible with many varieties released in recent years. You would be hard-pressed to find a charging station that met all of your needs more than Satechi's offering.
Credits — The team that worked on this guide
Andrew Myrick is a regular freelancer at iMore and Android Central. He has been a tech enthusiast ever since the original iPhone was released and continues to flip-flop between devices. You might as well hook him up to an IV filled with coffee to get him through the day. If you have any questions, you can find him on Twitter, and he'll get back to you.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.