Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is out now, and if you're looking to use your amiibo with the game or buy new ones, we're here to help. Here's a list of all the amiibo you can buy to use with your Smash Bros. game.
When scanned, these amiibo will come into your game as FP (Figure Player) fighters, allowing you to train and level them to become stronger the more you play with them. These FP fighters appear and function just like their standard counterparts otherwise. All their stats are saved in the amiibo, and you can take your fighters into others' games so you can have them no matter where you're playing.
Don't forget that fighters are tied to all versions of their amiibo figurines, so Yarn Yoshi will scan into your game just as a regular Yoshi would. This is great news for those who like some of the more flavorful amiibo variations available.
New amiibo are on the way!
While there's a wide range of amiibo already compatible with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Nintendo will be releasing new ones to go along with some of the fighters who didn't yet have models available. They will be released in waves so you're going to have to stay on top of things if you want to get them all. Here are all the forthcoming amiibo and when they will be available.
Sometime in 2019: Pokemon Trainer, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Snake, and Simon.
Sometime in 2019: Isabel, Pichu, Ken, Young Link, and Daisy
December 7, 2018: Inkling Girl, Ridley, and Wolf
February 15, 2019: Ice Climbers and King K. Rool
Amiibo you can buy for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
If you're looking to pick up all the existing amiibo that are compatible with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, here is a complete list. Due to the fact that have been out for some time now, there are some that are pretty scarce and therefore can go for some pretty high prices.
- Mario - $56
- Link - $40
- Samus - $20
- Kirby - $50
- Fox - $5
- Donkey Kong
- Pikachu - $18
- Peach - $29
- Marth - $37
- Yoshi - $22
- Villager - $16
- Wii Fit Trainer -$16
- Pit - $13
- Zelda - $30
- Luigi - $17
- Captain Falcon - $16
- Diddy kong - $29
- Little Mac - $15
- Bowser - $12
- Ike - $42
- King Dedede - $18
- Lucario - $44
- Mega Man - $20
- Meta Knight - $18
- Rosalina - $40
- Sheik - $30
- Shulk - $16
- Sonic - $27
- Toon Link - $28
- Charizard - $18
- Greninja - $20
- Jigglypuff - $20
- Lucina - $20
- Ness - $10
- PAC-MAN - $42
- Robin - $28
- Wario - $22
- Palutena - $13
- Dark Pit - $21
- Bowser Jr. - $41
- Dr. Mario - $20
- Ganondarf - $29
- Olimar - $18
- Zero Suit Samus - $12
- Duck Hunt - $12
- R.O.B. - $14
- Mr. Game & Watch - $12
- Mii Swordfighter - $13
- Mii Gunner - $13
- Mii Brawler - $20
- Falco - $13
- Roy - $18
- Ryu - $13
- Bayonetta - $29
- Bayonetta - Player 2 - $34
- Cloud - $29
- Cloud - Player 2 - $19
- Corrin - $10
- Corrin - Player 2 - $50
- Wolf - $40
- Ridley - $16
- Inkling Girl - $19
- Isabelle - Winter Outfit - $14
- Isabelle - Summer Outfit - $17
- Ice Climbers - From $16
- King K. Rool - $16
Other amiibo you can use in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Some amiibo in can work in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate even if they don't correspond to one of the fighters in the game. Instead, these amiibo will give you corresponding Spirits. The Spirits you can get from amiibo range from Novice to Legendary, and can be either Support or Primary. We've listed all those Spirits below, as well as their rank, type, and, where applicable, abilities.
- Toad: Toad, Primary Grab Advanced Spirit
- Goomba: Goomba, Primary Neutral Novice Spirit
- Koopa Troopa: Koopa Troopa, Novice Support Spirit (Green Shell Equip
- Waluigi: Waluigi, Primary Neutral Ace Spirit
- Boo: Boo, Primary Neutral Novice Spirit
- Shovel Knight: Shovel Knight, Primary Attack Ace Spirit
- Chibi-Robo: Chibi Robo, Primary Grab Advanced Spirit
- Qbby: Qbby, Ace Support Spirit (Ore Club Equip)
- Detective Pikachu: Detective Pikachu, Advanced Support Spirit (Fog Immunity)
- Waddle Dee: Waddle Dee, Primary Neutral Advanced Spirit
- Pearl/Marina: Off the Hook, Ace Support Spirit (Undamaged Attack and Speed Up)
- Callie/Marie: Squid Sisters, Legendary Support Spirit (Fast Final Smash Meter)
- Metroid: Metroid, Ace Support Spirit (KOs heal damage)
- Cyrus/Reese: Cyrus and Reese, Ace Support Spirit (Ore Club Equip)
- K.K. Slider: DJ K.K., Primary Neutral Advanced Spirit
- Tom Nook: Toom Nook, Primary Neutral Advanced Spirit
- Timmy and Tommy: Timmy and Tommy, Master Neutral Spirit (Unlocks Adventure Mode Shop)
- Kicks: Kicks, Advanced Support Spirit (Sticky-Floor Immunity)
- Celeste: Celeste, Advanced Support Spirit (Item Gravitation)
- Blathers: Blathers, Ace Support Spirit (Black Hole Equip)
- Digby: Digby, Primary Neutral Advanced Spirit
- Resetti: Resetti, Primary Grab Ace Spirit
- Lottie: Lottie, Primary Grab Advanced Spirit
- Kapp'n: Kapp'n, Ace Support Spirit (Easier Dodging)
- Sable: Able Sisters Ace Support Spirit (Shield Durability)
- Yarn Poochy: Yarn Poochy, Primary Shield Advanced Spirit
- Pikmin: Blue Pikmin, Advanced Support Spirit (Thrown Items Up)
- Pikmin (cont.): Red Pikmin, Advanced Support Spirit (Lava-Floor Resist)
- Pikmin (cont.): Yellow Pikmin, Advanced Support Spirit (Energy Shot Attack / Resistance Up
- Pikmin (cont.): Winged Pikmin, Novice Support Spirit (Floaty Jumps)
- Pikmin (cont.): Rock Pikmin, Primary Grab Novice Spirit
- Alm/Celica: Alm and Celica (Young), Primary Neutral Novice Spirit
- Tiki: Tiki, Primary Neutral Advanced Spirit
- Bokoblin: Bokoblin, Primary Neutral Novice Spirit
- Guardian: Guardian, Advanced Support Spirit (Weapon Resist Up)
- Daruk: Daruk, Primary Shield Advanced Spirit
- Urbosa: Urbosa, Primary Attack Advanced Spirit
- Mipha: Mipha, Advanced Support Spirit (Critical-Health Stats Up)
- Revali: Revali, Advanced Support Spirit (Shooting Attack Up)
- Wolf Link: Midna, Primary Grab Ace Spirit
Can't get enough Super Smash Bros. Ultimate?
Don't worry, we have you covered! we have everything you need to know about Smash Bros. here!
What Super Smash Bros. do you have?
Do you have a collection of Super Smash Bros. amiibo already? Which ones do you have and which ones are you on the hunt for? Let us know below!
Updated December 2018: Added newly confirmed amiibo!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Variety looks into how popular rap battle 'Verzuz' landed on Apple Music
Apple Music brought rap battle "Verzuz" to the masses. Variety has the story of how that happened.
Review: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is gorgeous but overly complicated
If you loved Xenoblade Chronicles, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 lets you further explore the shared universe with a new team of characters. However, you don't have to have played Xenoblade Chronicles to enjoy the sequel. The gameplay leaves a fair bit to be desired, but the story and world make it worth playing through.
Apple, Ford, and Walmart lobbying against WeChat ban
U.S. companies including Apple, Ford, Walmart, and Disney have all raised concerns about a recent executive order against WeChat.
Try out these shooters on your Nintendo Switch
Looking to get into some fast-paced shooting action on your Switch? Here are some of the best shooters available right now.