So you just got an Instant Pot, or maybe you've had it for a while. Unfortunately, the more you use your Instant Pot, the more it'll get dirty from normal use — after all, it's a kitchen appliance that's meant to be used. How are you supposed to keep it clean for each meal you cook? Here are the best ways to clean the Instant Pot.
Products used in this guide
- We found the following products on Amazon:
- Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Cooker ($100)
- Heinz Distilled White Vinegar, 1 Gallon ($14)
- Bar Keeper's Friend Soft Cleanser 2-pack ($10)
- Bar Keeper's Friend All-Purpose Cleaner & Polish 12 oz. 4-pack ($14)
- Mr. Clean Magic Eraser 8-count Box ($14)
- Loew-Cornell 841 20-piece Foam Brush Set, 2-inch ($9)
How to clean your Instant Pot inner Rim
- Soak the Foam Brush in soapy water.
Slide and scrub around the rim of the Instant Pot to get rid of food and stains.
- If you do not have the foam brushes, you can wrap a microfiber cloth around a stick or chopstick, and then push the cloth around the rim until clean.
- For the exterior surface of the Instant Pot, just wipe it down with a damp cloth.
How to clean your Instant Pot liner
- The Instant Pot inner liners are dishwasher safe, but you can also hand wash it with warm, soapy water.
If you notice some discoloring in the Stainless Steel of the inner pot, you can get rid of this discoloration with white vinegar. Just spritz some white vinegar or pour a little bit in and scrub with a sponge, then rinse.
For more serious stains that white vinegar doesn't fully take out, use Bar Keeper's Friend, in either the Soft Cleanser (liquid) or Powder form. Just pour some in and scrub away, rinsing with water afterward.
When you have super stubborn stains, throw in a Magic Eraser with the Bar Keeper's Friend for results. Just replace your standard kitchen dishwashing sponge with a Magic Eraser.
How to clean your Instant Pot lid
- The lid itself can be washed in your dishwasher. Otherwise, just clean it with warm, soapy water by hand.
The lid has a few components that you can remove and clean individually, including the anti-block shield, venting knob, sealing ring, and condensation collector.
- Just make sure to place them back in their proper spots before cooking your next meal, otherwise there may be trouble.
Now you know how to clean each part of your Instant Pot. After all, this magical pot will help you create some delicious and fantastic meals for you and your family, you should make sure to take good care of it.
Our top equipment picks
Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Cooker
The Gold Standard Pressure Cooker
The Instant Pot is not only a Pressure Cooker, but it's a Rice Cooker, Slow Cooker, Steamer, Yogurt Maker, and more. It's pretty easy-to-use, and it helps you save time when cooking by dumping in your ingredients, setting it, and then forgetting about it until it's done and ready to eat!
While the Instant Pot can get clean with just warm soapy water and a sponge, you may need some additional items for a thorough clean.
Heinz Distilled White Vinegar, 1 Gallon ($14 at Amazon)
Vinegar is always a great cleansing solution, and this stuff will remove any discoloration in the stainless steel.
Bar Keeper's Friend Soft Cleanser 2-pack ($10 at Amazon)
Liquid form of Bar Keeper's Friend works like regular dishwashing soap, but removes tough stains vinegar couldn't get out.
Bar Keeper's Friend All-Purpose Cleanser and Polish 4-pack ($14 at Amazon)
The powder version of Bar Keeper's Friend is cheaper but incredibly effective at removing stains like the liquid version.
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser 8-count Box ($14 at Amazon)
The Magic Eraser lifts and removes any tough stains, and when you combine it with Bar Keeper's Friend, no stain stands a chance!
Foam Brushes ($9 at Amazon)
These craft foam brushes get into the small space of the Instant Pot rim and let you clean it easily without any fuss.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.