Unlike the simple systems in Ingress and Pokemon Go, there are several different building types in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite. Each offers a unique set of activities for you to perform to earn rewards. The largest of these buildings are called Fortresses, and contained within these super-tall structures are Wizarding Challenges.
Unlike a single skirmish with a Trace you'll find around the world, these challenges are group activities that should be tackled with friends like a raid event. And if you go into these unprepared, you're going to be deeply disappointed with the results of your journey into the Fortress.
- Before you start a Wizarding Challenge
- How to start a Wizarding Challenge
- How to use Runestones
- Using Profession spells
- How to know what type of enemy you're battling
- How combat works
- How to get a critical hit
- What are glowing Fortresses?
Before you start a Wizarding Challenge
It may be a bad idea to wander into one of these events on your own, but it's an even worse idea to wander in without the right equipment. Before you start any Wizarding Challenge in a Fortress, make sure you are prepared with the following equipment.
- You should have a variety of Runestones you can use to help increase your ranking in that particular area of expertise.
- You should have at least 10 Spell Energy per Challenge, and be ready to possibly use all of it.
- You should craft at least one Health Potion. The higher level Chambers have more powerful adversaries, so ideally, you should have more Health potions going into higher-level Chambers.
- Make sure you have at least five minutes to complete the Challenge. Challenges are timed and usually limited to five or six minutes.
If you are, for any reason, unable to complete the Wizarding Challenge, you lose the items you spent to start the event, so don't enter a Chamber if you think your enemies may be stronger than you. Start with lower-level Chambers and lower level Runestones and work your way up.
How to use Runestones
To enter a Chamber and start a Wizarding Challenge, you'll need to pay one Runestone. Runestones are organized by type and level.
The Runestone's level determines the difficulty of the enemy you face and the rewards you get. The higher the level, the harder the enemy, but also the rarer the Foundables.
The Runestone's type determines what area of expertise your increased chance of receiving a reward in.
When using Runestones in group Challenges, Runestones, along with the number of players in the Challenge, determine the Difficulty Rating, which ultimately determines the rewards you earn.
How to start a Wizarding Challenge
To start a Wizarding Challenge, you need to be near a Fortress, in much the same way you need to be near a Greenhouse or Inn to interact with those. Instead of performing an activity to receive an item or some Spell Energy, you are giving a Runestone to be permitted to join the Challenge.
Runestones are payment to enter a Chamber and start a Challenge. Still, there are different types of Runestones that will increase your chances of being rewarded with Foundables that will help you complete your registry.
Have you nearly finished the Care of Magical Creatures registry? Use a Care of Magica Creatures Runestone to enter a Chamber in a Fortress to fight a Wizarding Challenge.
- Tap on the Fortress.
- Pick a Challenge.
- Choose a Runestone to spend on the Challenge.
- Wait for the countdown timer to end to start the Challenge.
From here, you will need to defeat every foe in the Chamber to complete the Wizarding Challenge.
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Lory is a renaissance woman, writing news, reviews, and how-to guides for iMore. She also fancies herself a bit of a rock star in her town and spends too much time reading comic books. If she's not typing away at her keyboard, you can probably find her at Disneyland or watching Star Wars (or both).
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.