If you use the YouTube app to browse and watch videos, you may not be aware that by default YouTube may be filtering out certain search results based on what filter settings you have set up under your YouTube account.
You can easily change them straight from your iPhone and iPad. It's a good thing to know how to do especially if you have younger children you don't want coming across explicit content by mistake. Here's how:
- Launch the YouTube app from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the menu button in the upper left hand corner.
- Now tap on Settings from the menu under your user profile information. You don't have to be signed in to change search filtering options but if you are, that's okay too.
- Here you'll see a list of things you can adjust on your YouTube account. Tap on Safe Search Filtering.
- Here you can switch between strict, moderate, and no filtering. Make your selection by tapping on it and then tap the Done button in the upper right hand corner.
That's all there is to it. The YouTube app will now abide by the search filtering settings you've chosen until you decide to change them again.
Let's talk aesthetic Home screens, Apple Watches, iPhone 12, and more
It's been quite a busy September. We got new Apple Watches, iOS 14 and watchOS 7, new customization trends, and so much more. Let's dive in!
FAQ: TikTok & WeChat ban — why it’s happening and what it means for you
Are TikTok and WeChat really being banned? When does all of this take effect? Will I still be able to use these apps? All this and more answered in our FAQ regarding the latest U.S. orders.
Here's everything we know about the iPhone 12 so far
With the iPhone 12 reportedly just weeks away, here's everything we currently know about Apple's next flagship lineup!
All the Nintendo Switch accessories for Animal Crossing fans
Animal Crossing: New Horizons is finally out on Nintendo Switch. Go all out with your Animal Crossing love with these adorable-themed accessories.