It's that time of year again, jailbreak time! The new evasi0n jailbreak is compatible with any device running iOS 6 or higher, including the just released iOS 6.1. Yep, even the iPhone 5 and iPad mini are supported and completely untethered.
If you aren't sure how to jailbreak using evasi0n, follow along and we'll guide you through!
Before starting, you'll need to download the evasi0n jailbreak software to your Mac, PC, or Linux desktop. Make sure you save it somewhere that you can easily access it.
- Download evasi0n now
Once you've downloaded evasi0n from the site, you can proceed on...
- Mac users will need to right click and then click open if you're running OS X Mountain Lion to bypass the built-in software security.
- Next Mac users will see another popup asking if they'd like to confirm they'd like to open the software from an unknown developer. Simply click on Open.
- evasi0n will now ask you to plug in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch if you haven't already.
- It will now recognize your device. Now click on the Jailbreak button.
- Let evasi0n do it's thing. It'll then ask you to unlock your device and tap on the Jailbreak icon. Make sure you only do this one time. You'll find it somewhere on your Home screen.
- Give evasi0n a few more seconds and you're jailbreak should now be complete. Just click on the Exit button or close out evasi0n on your computer.
Remember, after a large release jailbreak like this, you may experience issues with Cydia running slow. This is very typical of a new jailbreak since the servers get hit hard. If you can't update Cydia or access everything right away, it'll pass as soon as the initial rush is over, which will leave you to enjoy your jailbreak once again!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Apple Music, Apple Arcade, App Store and more experiencing outages
A number of Apple's services, including Apple Book, iCloud Mail, Photos, and more, are currently experiencing performance issues.
iOS 14.2 hints that EarPods won't come in the box with the iPhone 12
A copy change found in the iOS 14.2 beta suggests that Apple may be removing more than just the power adapter from the iPhone 12 box.
Twitter opens up voice tweets to more iOS users
After letting a limited group of people test voice tweets in June, Twitter is now opening the option up to more iOS users.
All the limited and special edition Nintendo Switch consoles you can buy
Don't want your Nintendo Switch to look like everyone else's? These limited edition Switch consoles will stand out in a crowd—and you can buy one today.