So you're the proud new owner of an Instant Pot for all of your pressure cooking needs? Congrats! However, what if your inner pot is badly damaged from burned food, or you just want to have another liner handy to cook more without cleaning the first pot first? Don't worry, we'll show you how to keep your new Instant Pot clean and ready.
Products used in this guide
- Amazon: Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Pressure Cooker ($100)
- Amazon: Genuine Instant Pot Stainless Steel Inner Cooking Pot - 6 Quart ($30)
- Amazon: Genuine Instant Pot Ceramic Non-Stick Inner Cooking Pot - 6 Quart ($20)
How to replace your Instant Pot's inner pot
- First and foremost, you'll need to purchase a secondary pot for your Instant Pot, since it only comes with one. The best place to purchase another Instant Pot liner pot is on Amazon, although other retailers carry Instant Pot accessories.
- Lift the old or existing liner out of the Instant Pot and set it aside. If you've been cooking, make sure that the pot has cooled down, or use something like oven mitts to protect your hands from the heat.
- Take your replacement or secondary liner and place it into the Instant Pot. Ensure that you bought the correct size for your current Instant Pot (3, 6, or 8-quart sizes).
- Place your ingredients into the pot and carry on with cooking up delicious meals!
Having a second inner pot for your Instant Pot is useful. If something goes awry with your cooking attempts, such as burned food on the bottom (it happens!), then you can transfer the contents to the new pot and try again. If you need to cook multiple dishes, a second liner (or another whole Instant Pot) definitely comes in handy, since you don't need to clean the first pot before getting started with the next dish.
Our top equipment picks
Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Pressure Cooker
The highly popular pressure cooker
The Instant Pot not only pressure cooks, but it steams, makes yogurt, broth, soups, stew, rice, desserts, and much more. It's relatively easy-to-use and simple to clean. It also comes in a variety of sizes and models to fit your needs.
Stainless Steel Pot
Genuine Instant Pot Stainless Steel Inner Cooking Pot
The original and classic inner pot
The Stainless Steel pot is the one that all Instant Pots come with. The Stainless Steel means that it's more durable and there's no coating that can chip away as you cook. It browns food easier, so you get tastier results.
If you prefer non-stick for your cookware, the Instant Pot company has you covered on that front too!
Genuine Instant Pot Ceramic Non-Stick Inner Cooking Pot ($20 at Amazon)
This inner pot is made from ceramic materials with a non-stick coating, so food won't stick to it like stainless steel, and it's much easier to clean.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.