Screenshots from your iPhone are great for sharing moments from your favorite videos, high scores from your games, conversations on social networks like Twitter or Facebook, bugs you want to report, and almost anything and everything you see on your screen. Traditionally, they were done by clicking on both the Home and Power buttons. But with iPhone X, and iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR,the Home button is no more. So, how exactly do you capture the screen now?
How to take a screenshot on iPhone X, iPhone XS, and iPhone XR
- Open the app or screen you want to capture.
- Set up everything exactly the way you want it for the shot.
- Press and hold the Side button on the right side of iPhone X or iPhone XS or iPhone XR.
- Click the Volume Up button at the exact same time. (This replaces the Home button step from previous iPhones.)
- The screen will flash white and you'll hear the camera shutter sound (if your sound is enabled).
Once you've taken the screenshot, you can use all of the fancy new iOS markup features to annotate it instantly or share it immediately.
How to take screenshots with iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, and Mac
- How to screenshot your Apple Watch
- How to screenshot your previous-generation iPhone
- How to screenshot your iPad
- How to screenshot your Apple TV
- How to screenshot your Mac
Updated October 2018: Included iPhone XR.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
FAQ: TikTok & WeChat ban — why it’s happening and what it means for you
Are TikTok and WeChat really being banned? When does all of this take effect? Will I still be able to use these apps? All this and more answered in our FAQ regarding the latest U.S. orders.
WeChat ban has been blocked by U.S. District Court
The Trump administration's ban on WeChat was set to go into effect today, but a U.S. district court judge just blocked it.
Plan your day with Hour Blocks and its amazing iOS 14 Home screen widgets
Planning your day is no fun but sometimes you find an app that goes some way to making it less boring. Hour Blocks does a decent job and it looks lovely, too.
Keep your cards and cash close with an iPhone XR wallet case
Save yourself some space in your pockets or your bag and put your iPhone XR in a wallet case. Here are some of the best.