Screenshots from your iPhone are great for sharing moments from your favorite videos, high scores from your games, conversations on social networks like Twitter or Facebook, bugs you want to report, and almost anything and everything you see on your screen. Traditionally, they were done by clicking on both the Home and Power buttons. But with iPhone X, and iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR,the Home button is no more. So, how exactly do you capture the screen now?
How to take a screenshot on iPhone X, iPhone XS, and iPhone XR
- Open the app or screen you want to capture.
- Set up everything exactly the way you want it for the shot.
- Press and hold the Side button on the right side of iPhone X or iPhone XS or iPhone XR.
- Click the Volume Up button at the exact same time. (This replaces the Home button step from previous iPhones.)
- The screen will flash white and you'll hear the camera shutter sound (if your sound is enabled).
Once you've taken the screenshot, you can use all of the fancy new iOS markup features to annotate it instantly or share it immediately.
How to take screenshots with iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, and Mac
- How to screenshot your Apple Watch
- How to screenshot your previous-generation iPhone
- How to screenshot your iPad
- How to screenshot your Apple TV
- How to screenshot your Mac
Updated October 2018: Included iPhone XR.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Sonos CEO responds to backlash, will continue to update legacy products
Sonos recently announced that a bunch of its older products will no longer receive updates come May 2020. That ruffled a lot of feathers, and now Sonos’ CEO has issued another statement to set things straight.
Apple launches shiny new Jobs At Apple page
Apple has overhauled its Jobs At Apple page to give it a brand new, striking look complete with colorful Apple logos and new feature sections!
Elevate your Apple Watch with this elegant bracelet-style Wearlizer band
This pretty rhinestone-enhanced Apple Watch bangle bracelet looks more like jewelry on your wrist than a health and fitness band.
Protect your iPhone XS with little extra bulk with a thin case
Protect your new iPhone XS from minor scratches and bumps with these thin and lightweight cases.