Every once in a while, Facebook comes out with a super cool new feature that has the internet a'buzzin', so it's no wonder why people are talking about the new ability to turn your Portrait Mode photos into 3D masterpieces!
If you're wondering how to make your own 3D photos, never fear: iMore is here! Here's how to turn Portrait Mode photos into 3D photos on your iPhone.
How to turn Portrait Mode photos into 3D photos on iPhone
Now before you go and act like me by saying "Hey! I actually don't have that 3D option! What gives, ya jerks?!" take the time to go and 'like' the Facebook 360 Page and then restart your iPhone. This little tip, as discovered by The Mac Observer, will allow the 3D photo option to appear for you. If you don't like the page, you won't have access to the 3D photo option.
- Launch the Facebook app from your Home screen.
- Tap What's on your mind? to post a status.
- Tap Add to your post at the bottom of your screen.
- Tap 3D Photo. You might have to scroll for a second before you see it.
- Tap the Portrait Mode Photo you would like to turn into a 3D image. It might take a second for the 3D image to process.
- Tap Next when the image has finished rendering.
Now move your phone around and check out that sweet 3D goodness! You can then post your 3D image to your Facebook status.
What do you think?
Are you excited to start playing around with 3D photos? Will this encourage you to shoot more in portrait mode? Let us know what you think in the comments down below and have fun with your new 3D photography!
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
Cella writes for iMore on social and photography. She's a true crime enthusiast, bestselling horror author, lipstick collector, buzzkill, and Sicilian. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram: @hellorousseau