Brie Larson is about to make her Apple TV+ debut.
Today, Apple TV+ revealed (opens in new tab) a first look at Lessons in Chemistry, an upcoming drama series starring Academy Award-winner Brie Larson. In addition to starring, Larson is also executive producing the series.
The series, which is already under production, is set to premiere next year. In addition to Larson, the series will feature an ensemble cast that includes Emmy and Golden Globe Award winner Beau Bridges:
- Lewis Pullman (“Top Gun: Maverick,” “Outer Range”) as Calvin
- Aja Naomi King (“How to Get Away with Murder,” “Sylvie’s Love,” “The Upside,” The Birth of a Nation”) as Harriet Slone
- Stephanie Koenig (“The Flight Attendant,” “The Offer”) as Fran Frask
- Patrick Walker (“Gaslit,” “The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey”) as Wakely
- Thomas Mann (“Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty,” “Me and Earl and the Dying Girl”) as Boryweitz
- Kevin Sussman (“The Big Bang Theory,” “The Dropout,” “Better Call Saul”) as Walter
- Multi Emmy and Golden Globe Award winner Beau Bridges ("Acting: The First Six Lessons," "Homeland," "Goliath," "Bloodline," "Masters of Sex," “The Fabulous Baker Boys”) as Wilson
What is Lessons in Chemistry about?
Lessons in Chemistry is a drama series based in the 1950s that follows Elizabeth Zott (Larson), "whose dream of being a scientist is put on hold in a society deeming that women belong in the domestic sphere, not the professional one."
When Elizabeth finds herself pregnant, alone and fired from her lab, she musters the ingenuity only a single mother has. She accepts a job as a host on a TV cooking show, and sets out to teach a nation of overlooked housewives – and the men who are suddenly listening – a lot more than recipes … all the while craving a return to her true love: science.
It's currently unclear exactly when Lessons in Chemistry will make its debut on Apple TV+, but the company has revealed that it is coming in 2023. If you want to ensure you enjoy the series in the best quality possible next year, check out our review of the Apple TV 4K and our list of the Best TVs for Apple TV in 2022.
The latest generation of the Apple TV 4K features an upgraded processor, support for higher frame rates, and the brand new Siri Remote.
Joe Wituschek is a Contributor at iMore. With over ten years in the technology industry, one of them being at Apple, Joe now covers the company for the website. In addition to covering breaking news, Joe also writes editorials and reviews for a range of products. He fell in love with Apple products when he got an iPod nano for Christmas almost twenty years ago. Despite being considered a "heavy" user, he has always preferred the consumer-focused products like the MacBook Air, iPad mini, and iPhone 13 mini. He will fight to the death to keep a mini iPhone in the lineup. In his free time, Joe enjoys video games, movies, photography, running, and basically everything outdoors.
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.