Official Google Voice for iPhone hits iTunes App Store
Google's official Google Voice app for iPhone has just hit the iTunes App Store.
- Access your Google Voice account right from your iPhone.
- Receive push notifications for new text or voicemail messages.
- Send free text messages to U.S. numbers and make international calls at cheap rates.
- Listen to your voicemail, read transcripts and manage your Google Voice inbox.
- Display your Google Voice number as caller ID when making calls.
- Call contacts from your iPhone Address Book or enter new numbers on the dialpad.
- A Google Voice account is required to use this app. To sign up go to www.google.com/voice.
- Google Voice is only available in the United States.
Wow, who thought we'd ever get to type those words? While the last bullet point is a bit of a bummer, there's no denying this ends one of the darker chapters of iOS and App Store history -- which included an FCC investigation and revealed the first cracks in what had previously been an Apple/Google love-fest.
If you're trying it out let us know how you like it and how it compares to GV Mobile and other 3rd party offerings.
Now where's the official Gmail app?
Get more iMore in your inbox!
Our news, reviews, opinions, and easy to follow guides can turn any iPhone owner into an Apple aficionado
Rene Ritchie is one of the most respected Apple analysts in the business, reaching a combined audience of over 40 million readers a month. His YouTube channel, Vector, has over 90 thousand subscribers and 14 million views and his podcasts, including Debug, have been downloaded over 20 million times. He also regularly co-hosts MacBreak Weekly for the TWiT network and co-hosted CES Live! and Talk Mobile. Based in Montreal, Rene is a former director of product marketing, web developer, and graphic designer. He's authored several books and appeared on numerous television and radio segments to discuss Apple and the technology industry. When not working, he likes to cook, grapple, and spend time with his friends and family.