Pokémon Go: Luminous Legends X Event Guide
The Pokémon Go Season of Legends continues with the appearance of a new Legendary Pokémon, Xerneas the Life Pokémon, during the Luminous Legends X event running from 10 a.m. May 4, to 8 p.m. May 17, 2021. Fortunately, we here at iMore have everything you need to know to make the most out of the event. And be sure to check out our best Pokémon Go accessories so you can be fully equipped on the journey ahead!
What is the Pokémon Go Luminous Legends X event?
Trainers will want to work together to catch a total of 500 million Fairy type Pokémon from May 1-9 in order to unlock a triple Catch XP bonus from 10 a.m. May 11 to 8 p.m. May 17. If the bonus is unlocked Pancham, will make its Pokémon Go debut in Raid Battles and Shiny Galarian Ponyta will appear. The new Shiny will continue to be available after the event.
The event will also introduce Rainy Lure Modules, which attract rain-loving Water, Bug, and Electric type Pokémon. If you evolve Dragonair during the event, the Dragonite will learn Draco Meteor. Evolve a Shelgon and the Salamence will learn Outrage. You can also get the special moves by using a Charged TM on the evolved Pokémon.
New Pokémon in the Pokémon Go Luminous Legends X event
This event introduces Xerneas, the Legendary Fairy-type Pokémon from the Kalos region, which will be available to fight in five star raids. The Fairy type Pokémon Spritzee, Swirlix, and Goomy will also appear in the wild for the first time. Spritzee evolves into Aromatisse and Swirlix evolves into Slurpuff. Goomy evolves into Sliggo, which can become Goodra when the in-game weather is rainy or in the presence of a Rainy Lure Module.
Wild spawns during the Pokémon Go Luminous Legends X event
The following Dragon and Fairy type Pokémon will be appearing more often in the wild:
7KM Eggs during the Pokémon Go Luminous Legends X event
The following Pokémon will be hatching from 7KM Eggs:
Pokémon with the potential to be Shiny are indicated with an asterisk.
Raids during the Pokémon Go Luminous Legends X event
The following Pokémon will be appearing in Raids:
- Galarian Ponyta* (One Star)
- Alolan Exeggutor* (Three Star)
- Xerneas (Five Star)
Galarian Ponyta will have it's Shiny variant unlocked on May 11 if Trainers complete the Global Challenge.
Field Research during the Pokémon Go Luminous Legends X event
Completing Field Research tasks will reward you with encounters with Dragon, Fairy, and Psychic type Pokémon including Galarian Ponyta, Gible, Spritzee, and Swirlix.
- Catch five Fairy type Pokémon for a Marill* or Cottonee encounter
- Catch ten Dragon type Pokémon for a Gible* encounter
- Catch ten Fairy type Pokémon for a Spritzee or Swirlix encounter
- Use seven Berries to help catch Pokémon for a Spritzee or Swirlix encounter
- Win two Raids for a Gible* encounter
Timed Research during the Pokémon Go Luminous Legends X event
In the Today View, players can complete a seven step Timed Research to earn Rainy Lure Modules and encounter Fairy type Pokémon including Spritzee and Swirlix.
- Send five Gifts to Friends for a Jigglypuff* encounter
- Defeat three Team GO Rocket Grunts for a Gible* encounter
- Catch seven Fairy type Pokémon for a Clefairy* encounter
Completion Rewards: 15 Great Balls, 750 XP
- Earn seven hearts with your Buddy Pokémon for five Razz Berries
- Purify three Shadow Pokémon for a Dratini encounter
- Catch 15 Fairy type Pokémon for a Marill encounter
Completion Rewards: Rocket Radar, 2,000 XP
- Defeat Team GO Rocket Executive Arlo for five Hyper Potions
- Defeat Team GO Rocket Executive Cliff for three Max Revives
- Defeat Team GO Rocket Executive Sierra for three Max Potions
Completion Rewards: Super Rocket Radar, 2,500 XP
- Find the Team GO Rocket Boss for five Hyper Potions
- Battle the Team GO Rocket Boss for three Max Revives
- Defeat the Team GO Rocket Boss for three Max Potions
Completion Rewards: 15 Great Balls, 3,000 XP
- Evolve three Fairy type Pokémon for a Sinnoh Stone
- Use an Incense for a Mawile* encounter
- Catch 20 Fairy type Pokémon for a Spritzee encounter
Completion Rewards: Ten Pinap Berries, 4,000 XP
- Make ten Great Throws for a Swirlix encounter
- Use 15 Berries to help catch Pokémon for a Cottonee encounter
- Catch seven different species of Fairy type Pokémon for an Azumarill* encounter
Completion Rewards:15 Ultra Balls, 5,000 XP
- Complete five Field Research tasks for 25 Poké Balls
- Win a Raid for a Gible* encounter
- Catch 50 Fairy type Pokémon for a Clefable* encounter
Completion Rewards: Rainy Lure Module, 5,000 XP
Global Challenge during the Pokémon Go Luminous Legends X event
At the start of the Pokémon Go Luminous Legends X Event, a Global Challenge was issued to every Pokémon Trainer around the world. If players can collectively catch 500,000,000 Fairy type Pokémon, they will earn the following bonuses will be available from May 11 through May 17:
- Double Catch XP
- Pancham will make it's Pokémon Go debut in Raids for the rest of the event
- Galarian Ponyta's Shiny variant will be unlocked and appearing in Raids*
Shiny Galarain Ponyta will remain unlocked after the event.
Questions about Pokémon Go Luminous Legends X event?
Do you have any questions about the Pokémon Go Luminous Legends X event? How many Xerneas are you going to try to catch? Let us know in the comments section below and be sure to check out our other Pokémon Go guides so you can be the very best like no one ever was.
Get the best of iMore in your inbox, every day!
Samantha Nelson writes about gaming and electronics for iMore, Windows Central and Android Central while also covering nerd culture for publications including IGN and Polygon. She loves superheroes, RPGs, cooking, and spending time outside with her dog. You can follow her on Twitter @samanthanelson1.