Apple announced its TV streaming service, Apple TV+, last March during the "It's Showtime!" event, but to the surprise of everyone, this streaming service isn't going to be limited to just Apple devices. In fact, the Apple TV+ streaming service is available on a range of smart TVs and even streaming boxes through the Apple TV app.
Here are all of the specific models (television sets and streaming devices) that you can get the Apple TV app on:
Samsung will have the Apple TV app on specific television sets, as well as a few AirPlay 2 compatible models. Here are all of the Samsung models that you're able to download the Apple TV app on:
- Samsung QLED 8K Q900R and Serif TV(2019)
- Samsung QLED 4K Q90R, Q80R, Q70R, Q7DR, Q60R, and Q6DR (2019)
- Samsung Frame TV LSO3R/LSORN (2018 & 2019)
- Samsung 4K UHD TV RU8000, RU800D, RU740D, RU7300, RU730D, RU7100, and RU710D (2019)
- Samsung QLED 4K Q9FN, Q8FN, Q7CN, Q7FN, Q75FN, Q6FN, and Q65FN (2018)
- Samsung 4K UHD TV NU8500, NU8000, NU740D, NU7300, NU7200, NU7100, NU710D, NU6950, NU6900, NU6900B, NU6080, and NU6070 (2018)
- Samsung Smart Full HDTV N5300 (2018)
LG televisions with AirPlay 2 support will be able to work with Apple TV. Here are the models that it is compatible with:
- LG OLED (2019)
- LG NanoCell SM9X series (2019)
- LG NanoCell SM85 series or above (2019)
- LG NanoCell SM83 series or below (2019)
- LG UHD UM7X series (2019)
- LG UHD UM6X series (2019)
Sony TVs with AirPlay 2 are supported. Here are the models that will work with the Apple TV app:
- Sony Z9G Series (2019)
- Sony A9G Series (2019)
- Sony X950G Series (2019)
- Sony X850G Series (2019 85", 75", 65" and 55" models)
Vizio is also supported, but only through AirPlay 2. Here are the models:
- VIZIO P‑Series Quantum X (2019)
- VIZIO P‑Series Quantum (2019 and 2018)
- VIZIO P‑Series (2018, 2017 and 2016)
- VIZIO M‑Series Quantum (2019)
- VIZIO M‑Series (2018, 2017 and 2016)
- VIZIO E‑Series (2018, 2017 and 2016 UHD models)
- VIZIO V‑Series (2019)
- VIZIO D‑Series (2018)
Roku streaming devices are also able to get the Apple TV app, as long as you have one of these models:
- Roku 4K TV A000X
- Roku TV 7000X, C000X, 8000X
- Roku Smart Soundbar 9101X
- onn.™ • Roku Smart Soundbar 9100X
- Roku Express 3900X, 3930 X
- Roku Express+ 3910X, 3931X
- Roku HD 3932X
- Roku Streaming Stick 3800X
- Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810X, 3811X
- Roku Premiere 3920X, 4620X
- Roku Premiere+ 3921X, 4630X
- Roku Ultra 4640X, 4660X, 4661X, 4670X
- Roku Ultra LT 4662X
- Roku 2 4210X, 4205X
- Roku 3 4200X, 4230X
Amazon Fire TV
If you have one of these supported models of Amazon Fire TV, you're able to get the Apple TV app on it:
- Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K (2018)
- Amazon Fire TV Stick – Gen 2 (2016)
- Amazon Fire TV Stick – Basic Edition (2017)
- Fire TV Cube (Gen 2)
- Fire TV Cube (Gen 1)
- Fire TV - Gen 3 (2017)
- Nebula Soundbar – Fire TV Edition
The Apple TV app comes installed on all Apple devices currently sold, meaning if you have an Apple product, chances are you can stream all the Apple TV+ content you want — here's a quick list:
- Any iPhone (running iOS 13)
- Any iPad (running iPadOS 13)
- Any iPod Touch (running iOS 13)
- Any Mac (running macOS Catalina)
- Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD (running tvOS 13)
- Apple TV 3rd generation (running the latest Apple TV software)
If for some reason you can't find the Apple TV app on your device (maybe you deleted it) you can easily download it again from the App Store at anytime.
How much does Apple TV+ cost?
Apple TV+ costs $4.99 a month and up to six family members can share the same subscription. There is a 7-day free trial when you sign up, and anyone who buys a new Apple device can get one year for free.
100% exclusive content for the price of a cup of coffee.
With TV+, you can watch well-produced, big-budget TV shows from famed directors, and starring award-winning actors and actresses across all your Apple devices and with up to six members of your Family Sharing group.
January 2020: Updated with info on specific models that you can get the Apple TV app on.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Consumers spent $17 billion through the App Store in Q2 of 2020
According to a new report from App Annie, app usage and spending on the App Store has hit on all time high in the second quarter of 2020.
You can now use your GoPro Hero8 as a webcam on your Mac
Sick of dealing with the average-at-best camera in your Mac? No problem, GoPro has now released beta software that lets you use your Hero8 camera instead.
Apple's Back to School promo is now live in Europe, Asia, and more
Following its launch in the United States, the Apple Back to School promotion is now live in Europe, Asia, Mexico, and the Middle East with AirPods on offer.
Sport bands for Apple Watch are the new black
Apple Watches look great when paired with so-called sport bands. They are a practical and durable choice for everyday wear. Here are some of the best ones currently on the market.