What you need to know
- The second season premiere of Ted Lasso has set new records for Apple TV+.
- Apple says it grew viewers by 50% week-over-week for the weekend of July 23-25.
- The second episode of season two will premiere on Friday, July 30.
It's like everyone in the world believed in the season two premiere of Ted Lasso.
The second season premiere of the comedy season, which debuted last week on Apple TV+, smashed a bunch of streaming records for the company's streaming service.
Apple has highlighted a number of metrics for the second season debut of Ted Lasso, including that it grew new Apple TV+ viewers by 50% week-over-week:
- During the Ted Lasso Season 2 premiere weekend July 23-25, Apple TV+ grew its new viewers by a record-breaking 50% week-over-week. There was halo effect, with Ted Lasso helping boost viewership for Apple TV+'s comedies Schmigadoon, Physical and Mythic Quest as well during the three-day period.
- The viewership for the opening weekend of Ted Lasso's second season was six times bigger than the viewership for the series' premiere weekend last year.
- Premiering on Apple TV+ in more than 100 countries, the Ted Lasso Season 2 opener drove Apple TV+ to a 200% viewership increase vs. the previous weekend across the U.S., U.K., Canada, India, Italy, Australia, Mexico, Brazil, Russia, France and more.
The first episode for the second season of Ted Lasso is streaming now on Apple TV+. In the second episode, titled "Lavender," Lasso is surprised when a familiar face shows up and Roy, who retired from AFC Richmond last season, tries out a new gig. The new episode will premiere on the streaming service this Friday
If you want to enjoy the comedy series in the best quality possible, check out our list of the Best TVs for Apple TV 2021.
100% exclusive content for the price of a cup of coffee.
With TV+, you can watch well-produced, big-budget TV shows from famed directors, and starring award-winning actors and actresses across all your Apple devices and with up to six members of your Family Sharing group.
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Joe Wituschek is a Contributor at iMore. With over ten years in the technology industry, one of them being at Apple, Joe now covers the company for the website. In addition to covering breaking news, Joe also writes editorials and reviews for a range of products. He fell in love with Apple products when he got an iPod nano for Christmas almost twenty years ago. Despite being considered a "heavy" user, he has always preferred the consumer-focused products like the MacBook Air, iPad mini, and iPhone 13 mini. He will fight to the death to keep a mini iPhone in the lineup. In his free time, Joe enjoys video games, movies, photography, running, and basically everything outdoors.
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.